What kind of Pick is everyone using?

• Any new pick-users?
    I'm now playing my favourite pick for several months and I played a whole tour (January/February) with it:

V-Pick Tradition

It lasts much longer than the picks I used before (Dunlop Delrin 1.5 mm), in the end it's not more expensive.

After this whole pick search, I found that I don't like the tone of the Dava Control Grip gels that I've been using for a couple of years, but I love the feel and haven't found anything to match them. I tried a few of those mega expensive whataretheycalled Bear picks, but they were horrible for me. Then I went to see Paul Gilbert's "masterclass" a couple of weeks back and got a few of his picks as part of an aftershow meet and greet. They're Dunlop Tortex and very thin at 0.5mm compared to what I'm used to, but surprisingly comfortable and very usable for rock playing styles. Jingly jangly stuff gets a bit too jangly for my tastes with thinner picks and I don't think I'm quite ready to jump ship again right now, but maybe towards the end of the year I'll start looking at thinner picks. It goes against everything I thought was logical, as my picks have only gotten thicker through the years!

• I've tried picks from Dunlop, D'addario, Alice, Dava... then I saw Eric Johnson on his Total Electric Guitar DVD and decided to give the Jazz III a shot. I started with the XL size, because I thought the standard would be too small for me but... after trying the standard, I haven't looked back. I use either the max grip or the standard depending on the weather conditions if I play outdoors.
    [Blocked Image: https://s4.postimg.org/sdn7ieykd/jazz_III_picks.jpg].

No matter what you do, don't be another brick in the wall.

• Anyone interested in the jazz iii shape, consider timbertone picks and winspear picks. I've long been a user of the jazz iii but it has always tended to slip around in my fingers while playing. After recently trying both these companies I couldn't be happier!

• After this whole pick search, I found that I don't like the tone of the Dava Control Grip gels that I've been using for a couple of years, but I love the feel and haven't found anything to match them. I tried a few of those mega expensive whataretheycalled Bear picks, but they were horrible for me. Then I went to see Paul Gilbert's "masterclass" a couple of weeks back and got a few of his picks as part of an aftershow meet and greet. They're Dunlop Tortex and very thin at 0.5mm compared to what I'm used to, but surprisingly comfortable and very usable for rock playing styles. Jingly jangly stuff gets a bit too jangly for my tastes with thinner picks and I don't think I'm quite ready to jump ship again right now, but maybe towards the end of the year I'll start looking at thinner picks. It goes against everything I thought was logical, as my picks have only gotten thicker through the years!

0,5 i heard about it. Paul told that he loved the feel of this thin pick. Cant believe that he is playing his fast hard riffs with it, but he did. Extraordinary guy! I use 0,5 for clean sounds but for some he heavy style i am still on the 1,5 V pics

• 0.5 mm ??? Wow, I couldn't play at all with a thin pick like that, maybe some soft acoustic strummings. For me the 2.75 mm of the V-Pick Tradition doesn't feel too thick, but it's all very subjective.

Billy Gibbons is playing 007 gauge strings, so what.... ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Here's some current favs:

- Custom delrin or acetal picks, extra heavy, 1.14 - 1.26 mm. I sharpen the point by pulling the edge 2-3 times on a carpet (saw Vai doing this, faster than sandpaper). 0.60mm on the acoustic.
    - Dunlop Petrucci Primetone Ultex, best "out of the box" pick to me.
    - Dunlop "Standard JP" Petrucci, I keep one live on my pickholder (next to the delrins) for certain parts, don't care if I lose one, not as expensive as the Primetone.
    - Chicken Picks Badazz III (I like the Shredder as well)

• Rob Chapman Signature Gravity pick. I have millions ( well maybe not that many ) of everyone`s picks on the market and these I have just received and tried for a while and it looks like they are the flavour of the year for me.
    Just takes forever to get them all the way down here. Its the material and the pointedness and non buffed edge that fools me into thinking Im playing better.............but.. maybe I am ? Great pick .

• Rob Chapman Signature Gravity pick. I have millions ( well maybe not that many ) of everyone`s picks on the market and these I have just received and tried for a while and it looks like they are the flavour of the year for me.
    Just takes forever to get them all the way down here. Its the material and the pointedness and non buffed edge that fools me into thinking Im playing better.............but.. maybe I am ? Great pick .

I've just seen that pick advertised on sweetwater yesterday.I have a gravity razor standard 1.5 mm.I really like that pick.I also have a few dawman shred picks,but they're to thick (3mm)for my taste.I also like the curvy sik pik (D35)..Im thinking of getting the RC sig grav pick,@ 2mm I dont think I'll have an issue with it.