Trying to make midicontroller wireless

• Hello Kemper community

I’ve been designing a future Kemper rig for live performances.

I want to figure out a way to make the Behringer FCB1010 Midi controller wireless, but I can’t figure out a way. I want the Uno4kemper chip in the board, so I can use the tuner. I’ve also been looking into the 1 cable method, that’ll provide phantom power via a single 7-pin midi connection. Then I found a wireless midi transmitter from pandaMidi called the Midibeam, but that won’t provide the phantom power.

I’m a little lost, so any idea would be appreciated.

• Hello,
    it seems to me, that you are looking for a WLAN cable :)
    I had the same choice for FCB1010 with UNO-Chip and Kemper-amp.
    - Single connection to Kemper via 7-pin MIDI-Cable and no problems with power supply on stage but limited distance between floorboard and amp.
    - Or MIDI wireless connection but power supply on stage. I choose this because my main concern was the poor connectivity of the MIDI cables. I purchased two WIDI-X8 Wireless Midi devices and it works fine. Switch on power and the connection is there. The amp-connected is in the rack, only the other device has to be connected for the gig. And I'm able to plug in the FCB1010 in the very back of the hall for soundcheck (we have no special guy for mixing, we have to do that, or better, I have to do that).

This is also the reason not to use a kemper remote, because the cable between floorboard and amp. But I thought to try a WLAN-router with power over ethernet option. I'm not sure if this would work, because I don't know if the signal between Kemper and remote is a real ethernet connection or something special, only using the connector. But even then I won't get rid of the power plug on stage.

It would be possible to build a power supply with batteries for the FCB1010, but I did't found it up to now. And the FCB1010 is not power optimized, I'm afraid I would have to change the batteries very often.

Roland