DigiTech Trio+

• So after looking this over, I think I'll be connecting the Kemper's Direct output to it with an unprocessed guitar signal, then feed it into a mixer.

I tried this and I think it sounds strange because the unprocessed guitar signal will be slaved through the Trio+.
    I've got better results putting the KPA in the loop of the Trio+.

• I tried this and I think it sounds strange because the unprocessed guitar signal will be slaved through the Trio+.I've got better results putting the KPA in the loop of the Trio+.

Hi Ingolf,

I have seen this as a recommended hook-up method for the Trio+ and the KPA. In my case, I wouldn't have any other device involved (e.g., no mixer). Would the configuration below be correct for my case?

Guitar >> Trio+ Input >> Trio+ send >> Kemper Input >> Kemper Monitor Out >> Trio+ Return >> Trio Output >> FRFR monitor/cab

Edited once, last by Tritium ().

• I tried this and I think it sounds strange because the unprocessed guitar signal will be slaved through the Trio+.I've got better results putting the KPA in the loop of the Trio+.

From reading the manual, it looks to me as though using the Kemper Direct Out to the Trio will work as I expect if I run the Mixer Out from the Trio to my mixer, put a dummy connector in the Amp out of the Trio, and run the Monitor or Main Out of the Kemper to my mixer.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• From reading the manual, it looks to me as though using the Kemper Direct Out to the Trio will work as I expect if I run the Mixer Out from the Trio to my mixer, put a dummy connector in the Amp out of the Trio, and run the Monitor or Main Out of the Kemper to my mixer.

Good thinking, Larry. I need to try this.

• Hi Ingolf,

I have seen this as a recommended hook-up method for the Trio+ and the KPA. In my case, I wouldn't have any other device involved (e.g., no mixer). Would the configuration below be correct for my case?

Guitar >> Trio+ Input >> Trio+ send >> Kemper Input >> Kemper Monitor Out >> Trio+ Return >> Trio Output >> FRFR monitor/cab

Yes, this is exactly the config i use at the moment.

• hey,
    still trying to figure out pros and cons of different set-ups

so one option is:

the one I use is:
    Guitar >> Kemper Input >> Kemper Direct Out (Master mono) >> Trio+ Input >> Trio Output >> Kemper alternative & return inputs >> FRFR monitor/cab

has the trio+ a true bypass or does it affect the signal? when recording guitar loops the trio+ does not delivers sound as the KPA does but sucks tone, so I the trio alters the signal and rather plug the guitar directly into the KPA

any advises/comments/ other pros& cons?
    cheers

• There's another option I mention above.

• the one I use is:
    Guitar >> Kemper Input >> Kemper Direct Out (Master mono) >> Trio+ Input >> Trio Output >> Kemper alternative & return inputs >> FRFR monitor/cab

Hi Pamplemouse,

Did you mean Trio Output into either KPA Alternative Input or KPA Return Input?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    John

• @Zappledan do you mean using trio mixer out only and a dummy plug or using a separate mixer ? I don't have a mixer but am interested in knowing what advantages you see

@Tritium I use both outputs at the same time which has the inconvenience to generate a left and right sound when back in the KPA but I only use a mono FRFR monitor from the monitor out.

Any advice is welcome.
    Cheers

• @Zappledan do you mean using trio mixer out only and a dummy plug or using a separate mixer ? I don't have a mixer but am interested in knowing what advantages you see

If you put a dummy plug in the Amp Out of the Trio, then the Mixer Out will only contain the bass and drums. That way you can mix it separately. It only takes one mixer to handle this plus the KPA's separate output. This config would allow you to use separate volume and tone for each.

• Hi

With my Trio + Im using an unpowered Kemper, a Yamaha 10 channel mixer and 2 studio monitors.

This is my preferred method:

Guitar connected to Kemper input jack
    2 cables (left & right) from the Kemper Main output into a stereo line in (left & right) on my Yamaha mixer
    A cable from the Kemper Monitor output into the Guitar in of the Trio
    A cable from the Trio Mixer out to a mono line in (left) on my Yamaha mixer
    A cable from the Trio Amp out to a mono line in (left) on my Yamaha mixer
    My studio monitors are connected to the Yamaha mixer Stereo Monitor outs (left & right)
    All volume settings on my Yamaha mixer are at 12 o'clock/no eq
    On the Kemper in the Output menu I can adjust the Main out volume
    On the Kemper in the Output menu I can adjust the Monitor out volume/eq
    I can now toggle between the Main out and the Monitor out to hear any
    volume/tone difference and use the Kemper Monitor eq (or on the Yamaha
    mixer) to remove any "tone suck"

With this set up I hear the Trio bass/drums/loop thru both monitors and
    it allows me to change rigs on the Kemper and hear the rig as I play
    over the backing track from the Trio

Hope this helps
    Cheers

• This is exactly what I was suggesting, though I would have the Amp out line volume to zero.

• If you put a dummy plug in the Amp Out of the Trio, then the Mixer Out will only contain the bass and drums. That way you can mix it separately. It only takes one mixer to handle this plus the KPA's separate output. This config would allow you to use separate volume and tone for each.

But this way you cannot loop guitars through the Trio+, can you?

• But this way you cannot loop guitars through the Trio+, can you?

True. You'd have to use the Kemper's looper or another external one. I wasn't thinking of using it that way, and was more concerned with getting the best tones out of both the trio and the KPA. No doubt there would be times when it would be handy to use the trio's looper though.

Edited once, last by Zappledan ().

• But this way you cannot loop guitars through the Trio+, can you?

That's why I'm using two cables from both Trio+ outputs to my monitor (QSC K10). It has two separate inputs so it's no problem. I use this setup because the Trio adds a speaker simulator to the combined out when it's used alone and that sounds bad on top of the Kemper cab sim.

This way I can use the KPA in the loop of the Trio and loop it as I like when jamming with my new band mates.

• That's why I'm using two cables from both Trio+ outputs to my monitor (QSC K10). It has two separate inputs so it's no problem. I use this setup because the Trio adds a speaker simulator to the combined out when it's used alone and that sounds bad on top of the Kemper cab sim.
    This way I can use the KPA in the loop of the Trio and loop it as I like when jamming with my new band mates.

Good idea. I'm just starting with it and am going to connect this way too.