Performance Slot Rigs Changing Randomly - Ticket Submitted

• All, I submitted a ticket for the following but thought it might be useful for others to know about this issue. I will update appropriately as things develop. I have seen this issue at least twice. I am currently on the Kemper 5.0x beta and the latest updated Rig Manager on a MacBook Pro using 10.7.5 software.

Here is a description of the problem:

I create performances and at least one slot of one performance changes randomly on the Kemper and I cannot correct it. Or it gets corrected and another changes.

Picture 1 shows a Performance and in Slot 4 on the Kemper it has replaced the M. Britt 65 AC30 profile with the default Crunch Profile. Picture 2 shows the same Performance, as created, and with Rig Manager currently connected to the Kemper. On the right you can see that Slot 4 should really be '65 Voice ACE30 B 2 7' and not Crunch. The pictures were taken after I tried choosing different performances and then going back using both the Kemper Remote and Rig Manager to see if that would fix the issue. It did not. I also tried re-assigning the correct profile to the slot of the performance in Rig Manager to no avail.

Picture 1:
    [Blocked Image: http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag198/flyingheelhook/image1_zpstjgutpws.jpg]

Picture 2:
    [Blocked Image: http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag198/flyingheelhook/image2_zpsf3fs3lsz.jpg]

I then attempted to shut both the Kemper and Rig Manager completely down. Waited a bit and then powered back up.

When I did, Slot 4 had corrected itself and was the correct profile. However, now Slot 3 was showing the same profile '65 Voice ACE30 B 2 7' that Slot 4 was supposed to be, instead of '65 Voice ACE30 B 1 5' as it was originally.
    Picture 4:
    [Blocked Image: http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag198/flyingheelhook/image4_zpsxgpakdl0.jpg]
    Picture 5:
    [Blocked Image: http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag198/flyingheelhook/image5_zpsnhsqvfgy.jpg]

Pictures 4 and 5 document this and you can see in Picture 5 that nothing has changed with the Performance - it shows exactly what the rigs are supposed to be. At that point, I did a backup, and have submitted a ticket. I will keep you posted.

• The pictures were taken after I tried choosing different performances and then going back using both the Kemper Remote and Rig Manager to see if that would fix the issue. It did not. I also tried re-assigning the correct profile to the slot of the performance in Rig Manager to no avail.

RM edits the stored performances - you might need to "reload" it on the Profiler.

• RM edits the stored performances - you might need to "reload" it on the Profiler.

Hi Timo, I am not sure I understand what you are saying. I did reboot both the Profiler and Rig Manager which resulted in the second instance of the Performance slots changing. Are you saying I should re-install it on my computer?

• No - what I am saying is:

When RM edits a performance, it does not affect the performance that is currently active, but its "stored" form. It is possible that it's not immediately visible what you're editing.

• No - what I am saying is:

When RM edits a performance, it does not affect the performance that is currently active, but its "stored" form. It is possible that it's not immediately visible what you're editing.

OK, got ya. That makes sense to a degree to explain why its not immediate, I guess, but I don't understand the lag in display, or the change when I either go to different performances and come back or shut down and come back on. Should I disconnect my remote when editing performances? Is it possible that it is causing interference?

• I've had problems when in Perform mode, loading a rig via RM. The rig sometimes replaces the original rig, saves the new rig even if I don’t hit the save button. This does not happen all the time. User mistake or bug I don't no? (Latest RM and 5,0 in the KPA. Windows 7, 32 bit)

• I've had problems when in Perform mode, loading a rig via RM. The rig sometimes replaces the original rig, saves the new rig even if I don’t hit the save button. This does not happen all the time. User mistake or bug I don't no? (Latest RM and 5,0 in the KPA. Windows 7, 32 bit)

I would recommend documenting as best you can and submit a ticket so the developers can look at it.

Changing slots with the RIG cross keeps previewed rigs, changing slots via MIDI or REMOTE restores the original Rig in that slot.

• I am experiencing the same issue right now. I'm trying to store a performance with different crunch rigs. The rigs in slot 1 and 2 just work fine (besides the fact that sometimes when I store the perfomance, the slot name which I created in slot 1 changes to the rig name in both RM and the KPA unit). But I can't manage to store the rigs in slot 3 and 4 as i wish to.

When I copy the desired rig from the "myProfiler"-folder to paste it in slot 3 and another one to paste it in slot 4, everything seems to work fine in the beginning (the desired rigs are in the correct slots in the KPA unit). But when I store the performance on the Kemper, the rigs in RM in slots 3 and 4 swap places after the storing-procedure is done... They're still in the right slots on my Kemper but it does not correspond with what RM is displaying. And then sometimes it happens that slots 3 and 4 are interchanged in the Kemper but not in RM.

Any ideas? I'm trying to fix it since about 3 hours now. Still not succeeded ;(

• Any news on this topic @flyingheelhook? Regarding your question (interferences with the Remote): I've also tried to create the performances without connecting the Remote but the problems persisted...

No - I am assuming its been noted and they will eventually incorporate whatever fix is necessary into a future release, but I have not heard anything recently.

• @flyingheelhook:
    I've finally managed it thanks to a post I've found from @lk_bill back in October 2015 (cheers for that!). That's how it worked for me (I didn't had the remote connected but I assume that it wouldn't make a difference if the remote is connected to the Kemper):

• Set the KPA to "Perform".
    • Open RM (two windows, one with the perfomances and one with your rigs in the local library, in the "MyProfiler"- or in the Rig Exchange-folder).
    • Create a new performance in RM, rename it in the Inspector section and double-click it to sync with your KPA.
    • In your KPA unit, select the slot (in the new performance) you want to edit or where you want to paste a rig. Use the arrow keys on the KPA to select the slot. There should be a default rig loaded in slot 1 named "Crunch". Usually this would be the slot where you want to paste the first rig.
    • Switch to the second window and copy the desired rig (ctrl-c) from the local library, the "MyProfiler"- or the Rig Exchange-folder.
    • Go back to the window showing the performance you want to create, right-click on the desired slot and paste the rig (or hit ctrl-v).
    • Save the performance by pressing the store button 3 times.

• Create a second rig in slot 2 in the same performance (copy a rig from the local library, the "MyProfiler"- or the Rig Exchange-folder and paste it in the slot by right-clicking in slot 2 and choose "paste" or hit ctrl-v).
    • Click on the On/Off icon on the upper right corner of the slot to disable it.
    • Re-click on the On/Off icon to enable the slot. The second rig appears on the KPA screen but with a wrong slot-name (default rig "Crunch").
    • Double-click on an other existing performance.
    • Double-click on the performance you're working on. The rig name issue should be fixed.
    • Save the performance by pressing the store button 3 times.
    • Proceed as described with slots 3, 4 and 5.

I hope that this procedure will work for all of you having experianced the same issues. Thanx again @lk_bill for your tutorial!