Some Doozy Cable Prices For Ya

• Stumbled across these over at BeerGutz, and figured my fellow Kemperites would get a good laugh out of ‘em. Put your tinfoil hats on and prepare for an edumacation:

From Amazon:

Audio Quest Diamond HDMI Cable - 5m

£2,299.00 FREE UK delivery

Audio Quest Diamond HDMI Cable - 5.0 Meter

Read the reviews for a laugh!

From The Cable Company:

MIT - Music Interface Technologies' Oracle V1.5 HR Wide Biwire (Pair)

08ft - $53 999
    10ft - $56 599
    12ft - $59 199
    15ft - $63 099
    20ft - $69 599

MIT Oracle V1.5 HR Wide Biwire Speaker Cable

Be sure to read the description. Note also the spelling error in the title - should be Technologies' not Technologies’s. For $100 000 Aussie I’d expect flawless grammar. Oh well, at least the shipping is free.

MIT - Music Interface Technologies' Oracle 2C3D Digital with A.A.R.M (AES/EBU)

1.0m - $4 499
    1.5m - $5 249
    2.0m - $5 999
    2.5m - $6 374
    3.0m - $6 749

MIT Cable's Oracle 2C3D Digital with A.A.R.M

Read the description on this one too. Note also the spelling error in the title (again!) - should be Technologies' not Technologies’s. For thousands of USd’s a metre I’d expect flawless grammar here too. Oh well, at least the shipping is free as long as one spends more than $50. Hmm… let’s see… is it even possible to spend this little in the shop?

We're in the wrong business, brothers. :S

• Woohoo! Glad to hear it, Hallan.

Yeah, I pointed to the comments:

Read the reviews for a laugh!

Mandatory reading IMHO.

Mind you, it's tough to know how to tackle this stuff in words, 'cause for me at least, it's so mind-bogglingly insane I can't get my head around it. I mean, for much of this year I had to live on $80->$120 a month after rent and bills - that's for food and everything else. People are spending more on a 1.5m AES/EBU digital cable than I do on food in 5 years. Words fail me bro'.

Nice MM. seems they just put random words together in the description!

Oh no mate, they're carefully-constructed random words and creatively-invented acronyms, I'm sure.

The high-end audiophile world is not one you or I live in. I can't help but suspect confirmation bias is involved somewhere along the line. I mean, cop this:

The Adjustable Articulation Response Module—A.A.R.M. The articulation selector allows the listener to “fine tune” this interface for optimal balance between transients, detail, imaging and musicality.

The illustration below is an artist's rendering of the articulation response for each setting of the Articulation Selector switch.

The base line, in terms of articulation, is the 50% line. The plus values raise the articulation above this baseline, which will enhance system transients, detail, imaging and musicality.

The negative values below the baseline will tend to have the opposite effects on a system.

Remember, it is purely subjective when deciding where the selector switch should be set—experiment a bit and set the selector switch where you feel your system performance is best, and enjoy the music!

Artist's rendering? That selector switch is IMHO the ultimate Clayton's dial, if ever I heard of one. Incredible.

All seems very reasonable and completely above board to me. I mean who in their right mind would forgo a few dozen feet of cable for something trivial, like a house for example?

Who indeed? LOL

• Take a look at "High End" Stereo cabling. I have seen a few instances of Gold and Silver cabling in a (1) Meter pair for over $10k. The joke is that you are talking very small increases in sound quality that is most likely not even audible to the human ear. The best yet are the HDMI cables. Sure the HDMI needs to be up to the given format to allow for the proper signals to flow correctly but a gold lined cable that is only transferring 1s & 0s......... If your buying that $80 HDMI cable please send the money my way as your being suckered anyway.

• At that price I would expect, no source needed for this HDMI cable. The 4k+ image should be generated inside the cable, the image from user's mind - you think, it displays :D

• but from all amazon comments the winner IMHO is:

"This cable is so good it actually makes live TV come quicker. I watched the lotto results 12 hours earlier on Saturday morning and won 5 million quid! And to think I thought this cable was just a bunch of nonsense made by stupid chancers taking advantage of clueless idiots with more money than sense!!"

:D