Transition from pedalboard and tube amp to Kemper

• Apologies if answered before I can't find anything in forums.

I have recently bought a Kemper and would like some advice on the transition from pedalboard -> tube amp to a profiler set up.

I have a pile of pedals and love the effect of some but I have read somewhere else on the forum that some pedals are basically defunct with the kemper, since you are not modifying the front-end of a tube amp any more, and some do not work properly (Tubescreamer) - have I picked this up wrong?

In particular, do compressors work in front of the Kemper?

Thanks for any advice. Time to start pulling my rig apart and start experimenting.

• The Kemper has an analog-audio FX-Loop for the pedals. I cannot image that some of the existing pedals are not working (at all). At the end of the day a pedal has analog audio-in and audio-out. If they sound to your liking is a different story. But with so many amp profiles available I guess you culd find a great tone matching your needs.

Your first thing could be to try to find an equivalent of your pedals withing the Kemper. I.e. there is a tubescreamer (and many more distortion pedals) within the Kemper. Try to find one which you like. If so: forget about that pedal... :D

Compessors will work. On the other hand the built in compressors (as a pedal and also in the amp section) are excellent. Again: try those first and most probably you can sell your compressor-pedal...

Do you have the Kemper Remote to switch those pedals?

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Yes I have the remote. I'll read up on how the FX loop works.

I have an Eventide SPACE which I will put in the FX loop, along with a Fulltone DejaVibe.

It is the front end pedals I am unsure about - drives and compressors. I have an Origin Effects SlideRig which is great in my pedalboard setup, I will try it pre - kemper and see what it sounds like.

• I use my Deja vibe in front of the Kemper. it is a little more subtle for me...I use it in front of my tube amp also..which of course don't get turned on much anymore.

I'll try that too! I can see me dismantling my board and trying each pedal one by one. It's going to take a while...