Vers.5 Digital Delay Question. [Almost Solved ;-)]

• I'm looking for an explanation. (Vers .5 last beta)
    I have created 2 Digital Delays, which have only one repetition.
    The first is set with NoteValue 1 = 3/16, the second with 6/16.
    The illustration shows 4 stereo tracks. The upper channel is always the Kemper input. The lower one is Kemper output.
    If you activate only delay 1 (3/16) then you see as output the louder input signal and the quieter delay signal as expected.
    If you activate only delay 2 (6/16) then you can see as output the louder input signal and the quieter delay signal as well as expected.
    If you activate both delays (for me unexpectedly) suddenly 3 Delay signals instead of expected two. (Curve 4)

Background of the Question - I'm looking for a Delay which simulate some kind of triple feeling by setting Tempo accordingly.

Digital DLY 1+2.pdf

• As @paults says you have two delays running in series there I'm certain of it as it's something I use a lot. I think for what you are wanting it to use Rhythm Delay to set two separate taps to run in a pattern without the feedback running into each other.

• @paults I can not say for shure what exact type of delay I used.( Its not possible to read) As far I remembered I use DLY digital. Delay setting was 3/16 and 6/16 and Volume . All other set to 0.
    Also in my opinion the long echo sound triggers the short echo again.

Thanks @Liam - you nailed it.
    The Rhythmus delay means a big progress on my way to find a triplet similar delay. (With the unconfortable solution to set the Tempo)

• Yes @Sharry I had exactly the same issue when trying to recreate the Lexicon PCM70 Circular Delay and Rhythm delay was the only way to do it. This way the feedback controls the number of times the pattern repeats rather than the individual repeats of each delay tap. Very useful indeed.

A tip if you know a pattern you like in ms only, say 888ms, 584ms and 292ms like the circular delay set the main tap at 888ms then use an online percentage calculator where you can type what percentage is 582 or 292 of 888. This will give you the exact percentage which you round off to 1 decimal place so you can set the Kemper ratio's exactly to a specific ms delay time if you don't want to snap to tempo.

Example: Main 888ms
    584 is what %age of 888 = 65.76576576576578
    Round off to 1 dp - 65.8%

292 is what %age of 888 = 32.88288288288289
    Round off to 1 dp - 32.9.%

So........
    Main tap - 888ms (pan that center)
    Delay 1 - 65.8% ratio on Kemper (pan this hard right)
    Delay 2 - 32.9% ratio on Kemper (pan this hard left)

http://www.percentagecalculator.net/

• This will give you the exact percentage which you round off to 1 decimal place so you can set the Kemper ratio's exactly to a specific ms delay time if you don't want to snap to tempo.

For a given Tempo it's easy to calculate the ms for triplets or what ever. (see Table as attachment)
    The Advantage for setting the delay time related to the tempo is that you can use the Rig for each tempo. But to have a triplet feeling you have to set the Tempo to another bpm value than the song would have.
    E.g - The song should have 120 bpm and you set the tempo on KPA to 180 than a 1/4 in this tempo would be as long a 1/8Triplet for the Song in 120 bpm.

That means If you have a song just multiplikate the wanted song tempo with 1,5 and set this as tap-tempo - Not so confortable if you normally operate all via the remote during a GIG.

But honestly, I don't know yet whether it really brings something musically. But it I'm interested for if shuffled rhythm or 12/8 songs becomes more swinging.
    E.g when I listen the example of Hank Marvin I hear something like a shuffled rythm in the delay (like triplets with a break between tone 1 and 3.)

• Dear fellow Kemperites,
    Please excuse me for the interjection but...
    That is by far the best table with a delayed order I have ever seen.
    Can't wait for the main course!
    Pre-Amp
    ;)