• Hey all! I have a few loose knobs that I think can be tightened up if I remove the shell. Has anyone else had this problem , is it something I can do, any tips or suggestions/precautions? Thanks in advance!!!

• I've only found the "stepped" knobs (Type and Browse ones) to feel a little-less robust than the conventional ones, which on my unit have no "play"/ lateral movement, which is great. Personally I just try to be careful when using the two I singled out. AFAIK, those two do have a little lateral play on all units; this is normal.

any tips or suggestions/precautions?

Yeah, you'll void your warranty if you attempt to tighten them from the inside as you were contemplating. IMHO, you'd be better off leaving them alone and if there's an issue you'd think they'd fail within the 3-year warranty period, at which time you could get them fixed for the price of shipping alone.

If they continue to function perfectly throughout the 3-year period, they're likely operating within spec.

• I've only found the "stepped" knobs (Type and Browse ones) to feel a little-less robust than the conventional ones, which on my unit have no "play"/ lateral movement, which is great. Personally I just try to be careful when using the two I singled out. AFAIK, those two do have a little lateral play on all units; this is normal.

Yeah, you'll void your warranty if you attempt to tighten them from the inside as you were contemplating. IMHO, you'd be better off leaving them alone and if there's an issue you'd think they'd fail within the 3-year warranty period, at which time you could get them fixed for the price of shipping alone.
    If they continue to function perfectly throughout the 3-year period, they're likely operating within spec.

In the US, opening up or circumventing a security seal will not automatically void warranties no matter what the manufacturer warnings may say. If something does go wrong, it is up to the manufacturer to prove the tampering caused the problem. When dealing with electronics, yes, one static charge can render an entire device useless so it's best to let an official repair place do the work. But if you make a custom mount, for example, and drill a couple holes in the case and then later your LCD goes out, you are fully covered under the warranty unless the manufacturer can prove you caused the damage. that proof would have to be definitive and not just "it could have caused it". Unfortunately, it is not illegal for manufacturers to put unenforceable claims on tamper seals. Europe usually has even stronger consumer protection laws so I wouldn't be surprised if this was also the case in other countries.

U.S. 1975 Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

• Thanks yall, I'm coming up on 3 wonderful years and wanna make the best choice. :rolleyes:

@deadpan your profiles are siq af :thumbup:
    You have commercial rig packs yeah?

Edit: I was thinking of deadlight studios but your rigs are still awesome. I'm a fan of your Engl and diamond rigs

• Dang, my mistake, I feel kinda silly now. :/ For some reason I thought you were behind the Reampzone profiles. I do have some of your axe8 profiles, specifically the nolly and bulb ones, they sound really good and I like the direct and full rig profiles. I'm a big fan of the cab you used on the nolly 5150, I use that with other profiles. :thumbup: