Thinkin wireless again

• This is new for me. The text of the linked page say that it is for Relay G50/G90 Systems.I think about to buy a new Sender for G30 for an additional guitar . This would be a good alternative.

Is it possible to work with both transmitters (G30, G50) on different guitars. Of course only one guitar would be switched on.

It works as Ingolf said.

And it even works the other way round (G30 transmitter to G50 receiver), which resulted in the most confusing soundcheck of my life :D I was playing a G30 into Kemper and the main act, who had done soundcheck before, had a G50 into Kemper and left it all on. Therefore I way playing through both Kempers as we had set the same channels set on the Line6. Took us about 3 minutes to realise, where the second sound came from... :D

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guitars for what I told her they cost.

• Do you mean this?

Thanks for clarification.!

BTW: I tried the G10 also and It worked very good at home. (it would be more convinient.)
    But at reheasal I used a notebook with a bluetooth mouse and I had a lot of drop outs as long the mouse was switched on.
    I sent it back (whith a tear in my eys)

• Do you mean this?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

P.s: I have a g30 and a g10. Cannot say anything bad, thus I used the G10 just twice.

Here is a page about the procedure:
    http://line6.com/support/page/…witching-frequencies-r130

• I was playing a G30 into Kemper and the main act, who had done soundcheck before, had a G50 into Kemper and left it all on.

Funny story :)
    Sometimes I have two G30 Transmitter at 2 guitar (E-guit, Acu-guit) and one G30 receiver at the Kemper.
    Both Transmitter are set to the same channel.
    It's like an A/B switch. I changed guitar and can play with the other . But I should not forget to switch of the guitar which is in the pit lane. Otherwise both guitars are silent!
    Never it happened.

• I have the U2 system. It's working well with passive PU's. I use it at rehearsal mostly and I haven't had any dropouts with it yet. But, If you have a guitar or a bass with built in preamp such as SD blackouts you may get a squealing noise. I tried it with passive SD's and active EMG's with no problem. I contacted them about this issue and they have updated their homepage with this info. The sound and the size is great tho.

Thanks for your comments.
    Personally, I'm still keen on the U2 system for my purposes even though others have recommended some fine units.
    Your preamp caution is appreciated too, since it might affect use with my Parker Mojo.
    (But since my current main guitar is a Godin Passion RG3 anyway,
    I believe it'll still suit my needs)

Many Thx

Happy Kemper

• Funny story :) Sometimes I have two G30 Transmitter at 2 guitar (E-guit, Acu-guit) and one G30 receiver at the Kemper.
    Both Transmitter are set to the same channel.
    It's like an A/B switch. I changed guitar and can play with the other . But I should not forget to switch of the guitar which is in the pit lane. Otherwise both guitars are silent!
    Never it happened.

I am also using two G30 transmitters and one receiver, It work ok! some tape on the battery lock to get it closed! other than that i have only positive things to say about G30

• Had a G30 which broke, got the G55 for the metal housing and it did okay for a while, good clear unit even at distance. Had a nightmare with Line6 customer service that changed it all. A line6 repair tech said he couldn't replicate the issue which was drop outs with any sudden movement (he was a big guy maybe just didn't feel like jumping around that day lol). So of course I fork over $50 for the service fee just to get my unfixed unit back. I called Line6 support and they just made it worse. Anyways, I bought a Sennheiser XSW72 and couldn't be happier. I've gone through 2 cables and had minor repair done to connector on transmitter but it's done about 600 shows. Wear and tear doesn't bother me, poor service does.

• I have the G30, and G10.
    I had the G50 before, then went to a cable since I was using a Roland synth and had to be cabled anyway.

I got the G30 and have used it for the last 3 years with absolutely no problems.

Go the G10 a coupe months ago because of the rechargeable feature, and I have gigged with it 4 times now in outdoor and indoor places with absolutely no problems or difference from the G30.

Keep in mind, I also use a Fishman Triple Play on the same guitar, so they are both on the same frequency and both work flawlessly so far.

I am very happy to finally be wireless with my Kemper, and my synth rig, and use no disposable batteries to boot!

• I have a question for the users of the G50/55/70/75/90 etc.

The bodypack does not have a jack input, right? So you need special cables for the transmitters?

How good are the supplied cables? And can you buy additional cables for them?

I sometimes think about buying a newer/better version of the relay series, but i really like my g30 for giving me the option to use any guitar patch cable that i find.

• No, the G70-Transmitter has a simple jack input. You can use any guitar-cable.

There is a special cable included which has a plug you can screw in the body-pack, so it can´t come loose or pop out. But you don´t have to use it - i never used it.

Martin

• No, the G70-Transmitter has a simple jack input. You can use any guitar-cable.

There is a special cable included which has a plug you can screw in the body-pack, so it can´t come loose or pop out. But you don´t have to use it - i never used it.

Martin

Ah, cool! I didn't know that. Thank you for the clarification!