Thinkin wireless again

• Way back when, I had experimented and then later gave up on any aspect of using wireless.
    IMO, it was mostly due to the "tone-sucking" results from the technology of the time.

Now... With the advent of Kemper's performance and most recently with results from the 5.0 release, it's got me thinking about wireless once more.

I've read lot's of love here for both Line 6's G series (G-10 & G-30) wireless products.

For me, the G-10 would be a choice, but I also read about some having issues with that feeble USB connection breaking or otherwise becoming disabled rendering the product useless. Perhaps not as robust a product for the $$$ comparatively.

I then discovered the Xvive U2 unit which really now has my attention.
    http://www.xviveaudio.com/productInfo.asp?id=298

Since both Line 6 G-10 and Xvive U2 units connect use 24 bit resolution, the only shortfall I see with the U2 unit would be it's 6ms latency.
    (And that is most likely is something I could probably live with)

So before I go forward, I'm curious if anyone here has had any real experience using the XVive U2 with their Kemper.
    If so, I welcome your comments.

Happy Kemper

• Ive been having exactly the same thoughts, I think the G10 has the same latency as the U2 , plus, there will also be latency from the Kemper.
    Having said that , no one has ever complained about it.

• I play through a G10 at my rehearsal room. Latency and sound is flawless.

But you are right: its made for home use, not for the stage. The first thing is robustness, but L6 also states the transmission system is not meant to be for a stage. You might have to avoid to play in front of 2500 kiddies with cellphones and wifi on. :D

Ne travaillez jamais.

• I use a Line 6 G50, and did some gigs on bigger stages...
    Never had a problem...
    I have to admit that most of the time I'm about 3-6 meters away from the reciever...
    Never noticed latency at those ranges...
    Battery consumption is very acceptable, as is the price for a G50... (I bought a 2nd hand spare for 130€...)
    The used frequencies are authorised here in Belgium...

Edited once, last by krikke ().

• I use a Line 6 G30 for several years now.
    Sounds exactly like a cable to me.
    Usually it sits on stage approx. 5-10 meters away from me, but we have one song in our setlist, where i will walk around in the crowd. So even if i go off the stage, i have never experienced any loss of signal. I think i tested it to approx. 30-35 meters (without obstacles).

Obviously, i experience latency when walking through the crowd, but this is just due to the speed of sound and would also occur, if i would use a very long cable.

• I've got both the G30 and the G10

The G30 is probably better for gigging, but as you all probably know, the battery hatch latch could need a patch...

The G10 miniUSB connection suffers from a gossamer flimsiness that makes cobwebs feel like sturdy chains.

The sounds of both these units are good, without any noticable lag.

At the moment I prefer the G10, because of the ease of use, and the fact that you don't have to worry about batteries. It's been performing without glitches.

When the USB eventually breaks down, I'll probably get a pouch for the G30.

Is this thing on?
    --
    Kemper Rack | Behringer FCB 1010
    Check out my band Blodsmak

• I have the U2 system. It's working well with passive PU's. I use it at rehearsal mostly and I haven't had any dropouts with it yet. But, If you have a guitar or a bass with built in preamp such as SD blackouts you may get a squealing noise. I tried it with passive SD's and active EMG's with no problem. I contacted them about this issue and they have updated their homepage with this info. The sound and the size is great tho.

• I've got both the G30 and the G10

I had both but I sent back the G10 because of disturbances from the bluetooth mouse of my notebook I use at rehearsal.
    The G30 stays with me. With the battery hatch latch its necessary to live ;( (I use a tape for locking)
    The function of G30 is good.

• I have a G70... great! (only 1.4ms latency).

It goes in stand-by, when it isn´t moved (Guitar in the stand) .. and switches back on, when you take the guitar. Nice to have :)

Martin

Edited once, last by mortl ().

• It has goes in stand-by, when it isn´t moved (Guitar in the stand) .. and switches back on, when you take the guitar. Nice to have

Same with the G10. Saves me from stupidly starting to play without sound after forgetting to turn the G30 back on.
    Yes, that has happened on more than one occasion.

Is this thing on?
    --
    Kemper Rack | Behringer FCB 1010
    Check out my band Blodsmak

• I had both but I sent back the G10 because of disturbances from the bluetooth mouse of my notebook I use at rehearsal.The G30 stays with me. With the battery hatch latch its necessary to live ;( (I use a tape for locking)
    The function of G30 is good.

I also own both, G10 and G30. Regarding the robustness of the G30's transmitter, I bought an additional transmitter of the G50/90 series which can also be used for the G30. Now I have two transmitters, problem solved and I also have a backup.
    This is the one:
    https://www.thomann.de/de/line…+50+transmitter_262595_10

• I bought an additional transmitter of the G50/90 series which can also be used for the G30.

This is new for me. The text of the linked page say that it is for Relay G50/G90 Systems.
    I think about to buy a new Sender for G30 for an additional guitar . This would be a good alternative.

Is it possible to work with both transmitters (G30, G50) on different guitars. Of course only one guitar would be switched on.

• This is new for me. The text of the linked page say that it is for Relay G50/G90 Systems.I think about to buy a new Sender for G30 for an additional guitar . This would be a good alternative.

Trust me, it works. There's an internal setting in the Line6 TBP 12G transmitter that needs to be changed (I forgot what it is, I googled it via the Line 6 helpdesk) and it has worked ever since.

• Do you mean this?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

P.s: I have a g30 and a g10. Cannot say anything bad, thus I used the G10 just twice.