Good rotary settings?

• Hi all!

One of my performance patches that I use a lot is a very slight crunch. Maybe some people would even say it's just a clean with some dirt in it.

I would like to incorporate a Leslie effect in this sound that I can turn on and off, and have a second effect button that controls the speed slow/fast. All that is easy enough with the remote.

What I'm wondering though, is if someone has tips for good rotary settings, the sound seems to get very colored when I switch on the rotary effect and I would like a more transparent and light chorusing when it's on slow. I don't mind it getting more effected when it's on fast. Listen to the wonderful Josh Smith just twenty seconds into this video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You can hear that when he switches the rotary to slow his guitar has a lot of clarity and snap to it. This is what I'm not able to replicate, it all seems a bit too muddy when I turn the rotary effect on.

• I want to start with a Stereo slow rotary speed and increase it with the morph pedal

I've made this a feature request a few times, only to get shot down. Apparently since a 'real' Leslie only does fast or slow, they don't think variable speed is 'realistic.' I say "hogwash!" Most of the effects on the Kemper are unique and non-standard, many have no counterpart in the 'real' world. I think the same should be true of the rotary simulator. There are several Leslie stomp simulators with variable speeds already on the market. I don't see why this should be difficult for the amazing Kemper team.

I'm with you on this one Muddy.

Gary ô¿ô

Edited once, last by prsgary ().