Clarify my understanding of the Kemper Remote and how I can apply it to my use

• Hello all,

I just got a Kemper Remote. As I am figuring out how to use it (although simple in some ways), there was some confusion because I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to assign an expression pedal to a specific parameter, or assign a rig to a particular preset in browser mode.

Here is my understanding of what I can do (not wanting to mess with performance mode):
    1) Name the stored rigs in my kemper with a numeric prefix to order them as I want on the remote when sorted by "name"
    2) Any Rig where I want to mix my delay/reverb mix by pedal must be done using a "morph" between one extreme and the other within that rig, and there is no way to disengage where the pedal is currently "swept" to...so I will have to return pedal to full heel every time I engage a rig if I want that rig to begin fully "dry"
    3) I will not be able to within a single rig have a morph of delay/verb that is independent from a second morph of gain...

Is my understanding of remote programming limitations accurate, and do you have any alternative suggestions? I had read in another post about numbering the rigs to get them in the order you want, which was a great idea. Im guessing the morph option is the kemper answer to requests to allow expression pedal assignment of value ranges without having to get another midi pedal? I was using a line 6 podx 500 prior, which was easy to assign the delay/verb mix level to the pedal, but making changes on the fly to anything was a total pain and required having it all hooked up to computer etc, so I jumped ship...

• 2) ...so I will have to return pedal to full heel every time I engage a rig if I want that rig to begin fully "dry"

If the state A of morphing is dry and B is wet, then you rig will be dry regardless of where the pedal is every time you call up that rig.

• Agreed. Honestly, the only time I use Browse Mode is with Rig Manager to audition rigs. Once I find rigs I want to use further, I put them in Performances - usually five different profiles of the same amp, but sometimes mix and match. Granted, for live use I seldom use more than one or two performances. But, that's just my workflow, nothing wrong with having a different approach.

• I use a combination. I have two performances that cover 90% of the set, one for my guitar with single coils, one for humbuckers. Then I make separate performances for any songs that need something special or a drastically different sound. Now that morphing is available, I've found the need for these extra performances becoming less and less.

• If the state A of morphing is dry and B is wet, then you rig will be dry regardless of where the pedal is every time you call up that rig.

I just posted a feature-request that not morph-state A of the rigs will be loaded, but the state which you saved with the rig.

Or maybe a possibility to choose between "State A", "State B", "Saved state" and "last morph state"?
    like the loading behavior of performances (Slot1, pending .... etc)

Martin

• I use a combination. I have two performances that cover 90% of the set, one for my guitar with single coils, one for humbuckers. Then I make separate performances for any songs that need something special or a drastically different sound. Now that morphing is available, I've found the need for these extra performances becoming less and less.

So I guess your setlist indicates the songtitles and the performance number for each song, right? Do you arrange the slots in the performances similar to each other, like clean tones being always in slot 1, crunch always in slot 2 etc.?

• So I guess your setlist indicates the songtitles and the performance number for each song, right? Do you arrange the slots in the performances similar to each other, like clean tones being always in slot 1, crunch always in slot 2 etc.?

Yes, my standard performances always have a clean in slot 1, break up/crunch in slot 2, drive in 3, more drive in 4 and solo in slot 5. Special song performances can be very different, though slot 1 will always have a clean.

• I'm primarily in one band, and use seven performance banks for it. If I sit in with another band, I can pick from those sounds to cover pretty much any song.

I was thinking for this approach also. But the kind of music in the 3 bands are so different and even I do not use the same guitar. So I decided to use different rigs for each formation.