Back from the 1st gig with the KPA

• Just now back home from the first gig with the new toy :D

Setup: Heritage H140 > Relay G50 > KPA > Main out to FOH and Monitor out to a QSC K-10 (with cab enabled), taken also a custom made backup guitar but not used it.

Venue: Conference/ball room of an Hotel
    Reason: Corporate party

Band: 2 guitars (the other with a Mesa tubes rack system), drums, bass, keyboard, Brass (4 people), Singer.

Playlist: Rock/Blues 80-90's

Soundcheck: ....well, for me was the time to plug, play through my Rigs (5) for about 5 mins and that was it. While my mate and the sound guy have placed the mics and check everything I was at the 3rd beer.... 8)

Gig: Great sound out of my monitor, no problem to keep up with the other guitar, really FUN

Feedback: the sound guy (he works with us since well over 8 years and he makes a living of it) have said that next time I need to bring a couple of dummy 1/2 stacks because nobody is going to believe I'm not playing through an amp. Following the DJ (he played after us, starting 23.30h. He's also a great keyboard player) my sound was "glorious" and the other guitar was sounding a bit fizzy and "empty in comparison... :D :D :D :D

Conclusion: whoever think this toy is mainly for recording should put it at volume (stage volume) through a decent Monitor and PA system and enjoy!!! :thumbup:

This stuff really kills!! Thanks Christoph :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Had a great night at my first KPA gig last night too.
    Used my evh5150 profiles with TillS latest 2 mic profile (the second one) direct to the pa. Fratomic as a monitor.As I have said many times I have disliked this method with every modeller I've had in the past, but it was just great with the KPA.
    I normally gig with anevh5150 head, matching cab, Wolfgang guitar and Mxr and eventide fx. No prizes for guessing what sort of music we play or who my fave player is.....
    The KpA was just awesome

• Had a great night at my first KPA gig last night too.
    Used my evh5150 profiles with TillS latest 2 mic profile (the second one) direct to the pa. Fratomic as a monitor.As I have said many times I have disliked this method with every modeller I've had in the past, but it was just great with the KPA.
    I normally gig with anevh5150 head, matching cab, Wolfgang guitar and Mxr and eventide fx. No prizes for guessing what sort of music we play or who my fave player is.....
    The KpA was just awesome

Cool to hear you used my cabs. I am still a bit concerned about the rather prominent high frequencies in my cab profiles being to harsh for a loud live performance. Did you roll off the highs? When playing around the KPA i also mostly end using the "2 mic 1" oder "2 mic 2" profile. When you´re looking for an "inbetween" sound imo it is a good starting point to always take the profile with more highs and then roll off the treble and presence a little. Since i still havent removed the mics from the cabs i am thinking about doing some more profiles in the region of the first 2 profiles.

• Cool to hear you used my cabs. I am still a bit concerned about the rather prominent high frequencies in my cab profiles being to harsh for a loud live performance. Did you roll off the highs? When playing around the KPA i also mostly end using the "2 mic 1" oder "2 mic 2" profile. When you´re looking for an "inbetween" sound imo it is a good starting point to always take the profile with more highs and then roll off the treble and presence a little. Since i still havent removed the mics from the cabs i am thinking about doing some more profiles in the region of the first 2 profiles.

2 mic 2 profile is my favourite. It has a liveliness and zing (without the usual sm57 fizz) that I like a lot..Ive rolled off a little treble and presence on the highs on the master out to the pa.
    My monitor is a fratomic which has a tweeter roll off built in.

• Setup: Heritage H140 > Relay G50 > KPA > Main out to FOH and Monitor out to a QSC K-10 (with cab enabled), taken also a custom made backup guitar but not used it.

Did you buy the QSC specifically for your Kemper or did you just have it? I'm thinking about a monitor solution for my Kemper, but don't you think 1000W is too much power for just monitoring?

- Rob

• Did you buy the QSC specifically for your Kemper or did you just have it? I'm thinking about a monitor solution for my Kemper, but don't you think 1000W is too much power for just monitoring?

- Rob

We own the PA (including monitors), it was already there. Don't get too much impressed from the 1000W, it's a class D amplifier with crossover: it can get loud like a normal 50w tube amplifier, nothing more.

Ok on stage or at rehearsal, at home I would use something else (and BTW I do: a couple of 8' studio monitors is more than enough). The fan is a bit ennoying but they are great speakers!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff