Top Jimi BEye Pack (Friedman BE-100 Brown Eye)

• Hey Kemper Fans,

We're happy to announce the availability of a new profile pack for the Kemper Profiling Amplifier -- the "BEye" Pack. These profiles seek to recreate the sound of a 100W Friedman BE-100 Brown Eye head.

Speakers Used During the Profiling Process: Celestion Vintage 30

Min to Max Gain Range (Scale: 0 to 10): 0 to 9

Profile Type: Studio, Merged

Comments: These profiles are modern and detailed, but maintain a bit of a vintage British sound. The bottom end is very tight and the mids focused -- perfect for cutting through a mix. The profiles are dialed-in for humbucker-equipped guitars, but like most of our profiles you can get great tone from single-coil guitars by reducing the Treble and Presence each by about 0.8.

Friedman BE-100 Background Info: The BE-100 is a 100-watt, EL34-powered monster with 3 channels (Clean, BE, & HBE). Several switches, including a three-position bright switch, give additional tonal options. The amp received the prestigious Editor’s Pick Award from Guitar Player Magazine (Nov, 2013).

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Profiles available Here

Thanks,
    Jimi

• Awesome man!

This is the first commercial profile I am taking seriously into account. I love the chilli-peppers kindof funky riffing. But the brownish distortion and clean sounds are great as well.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• I'll have that.............purchased.

Got your email just after midnight last night............was almost about to get out of bed and have a jam but with work starting 6 hours later decided that would be a bad idea haha.

• Hi, just got it since yesterday. Is there a problem with the merged profiles? The studio ones sound ok but when I plug the merged profiles right into my Mesa 212, it sounds "weak", no low end at all. In fact, it doesn't sound good at all. Studio ones sound better info my 212 with cabdriver :(
    How to fix it...

• The BE-100 has less low end than any other amp I've ever played through. Mic selection and placement was done with improving low end response in mind.

If you want to use the direct out and want more bass, I think the only recourse is to add low end via the bass knob or add an EQ into the chain.

-Jimi

• Same problem here...

Got the same issue guys. I purchased the Brown Sound pack and the Beye pack with the express purpose of using the Merged profiles to access the direct amp sound to run direct into my THD 2x12 cab via a solid state power amp. I can report that the Brown Sound pack merged profiles sound incredible to my ears, really happy with these.

However the BE100 merged profiles, with the cab off, sound dull and lifeless. Interestingly the same studio profile with the cab module turned off sounds way way better, but the merged profiles....nope, not happening!

Shouldn't a studio profile with the cab off and a merged profile with the cab off sound very similar?

• Got the same issue guys. I purchased the Brown Sound pack and the Beye pack with the express purpose of using the Merged profiles to access the direct amp sound to run direct into my THD 2x12 cab via a solid state power amp. I can report that the Brown Sound pack merged profiles sound incredible to my ears, really happy with these.

However the BE100 merged profiles, with the cab off, sound dull and lifeless. Interestingly the same studio profile with the cab module turned off sounds way way better, but the merged profiles....nope, not happening!

Shouldn't a studio profile with the cab off and a merged profile with the cab off sound very similar?

Have you received a reply? Do the merged profiles suffer from the same issues as the first version of '68 Marshall profiles and maybe the Ceriatone Expression low-3 merged one?

I have bought every top jimi pack except BEye Pack and really like them. I will buy this one too, when merged/direct is o.k. and usable!

• Have you received a reply? Do the merged profiles suffer from the same issues as the first version of '68 Marshall profiles and maybe the Ceriatone Expression low-3 merged one?
    I have bought every top jimi pack except BEye Pack and really like them. I will buy this one too, when merged/direct is o.k. and usable!

I would also like to see @Jimi71 reply on this issue, here, in this official thread. I have had great success with the regular Studio profiles...but I must admit, I haven't tried the Merged version (with Cab Off) through a traditional guitar cab. Since I have the KPA PowerRack, this is something I definitely have the occasion to use...so I am hoping we get some clarification on this issue, being reported by others, here.

Cheers,
    John

• When compared: How do the merged and studio profiles sound like, with studio monitors (!) and both with cab off ? Both should sound shrill and fizzy - as expected. If merged (direct) sounds dull or as if cab is still activated, something is wrong? If the sound is very different, why?

• Hey Guys,

We've decided to remove the merged profiles from the BEye profile pack. There's nothing wrong with the merged profiles -- that's what the amp actually sounded like in the studio. But people have been unhappy with them because they sound a lot different than the studio profiles and lack low end. The BE-100 has remarkably little low end -- it's like there's a 4-pole high pass filter at 500 Hz.

We had to do a lot of work with mics to get the studio sounds to what we thought sounded good. If we hadn't done that, everyone would have hated the amp. I think we got some good studio tones.

If you are a guitar cab user, we recommend using the studio profiles and removing the cab.

Thanks,
    Jimi

• We had to do a lot of work with mics to get the studio sounds to what we thought sounded good. If we hadn't done that, everyone would have hated the amp. I think we got some good studio tones.

In fact I used the studio profiles and I think they are awesome. For me they deliver excellent vintage-like rock tone. Vintage, you know, the times when guitar players left enough room for bass and kick - frequency-wise ;)

I browsed through the merged profiles as well. All with cabinet emulation on and through decent FRFR. I do not think those are bad for that purpose, only slightly less good than the studio profiles. Then again: never switched off the cab.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• We had to do a lot of work with mics to get the studio sounds to what we thought sounded good. If we hadn't done that, everyone would have hated the amp.

That means the highly praised BE-100 in reality sounds like sh*t, if you ain't a wizard with mics????? Could this be? When everyone would hated the sound of this - maybe the head was broken?

But if you search for be-100 users some of them actually turn bass up quite a bit - others tell you about tight response but good amount of bass...