Top Jimi BEye Pack (Friedman BE-100 Brown Eye)

• Just purchased this, thank you!

I had to try many times until the PayPal checkout worked. This is the error message I got: PayPal Express Checkout transaction could not complete successfully.

• @Jimi71

Please make a video of you playing guitar into a Kemper going directly into a recording interface. Pictures of the head are nice but let's see your amazing playing and recording setup!

Your recordings are fantastic and the users on here (At least me) want to see exactly what you're doing.

• Got the new profiles mailed today. I want to start with, that I actually think the profiles of the "defect" amp sounds great! Running the HBE Low-profile (studio profile with cab sim off) through my cab gives me maybe the best guitar tone I've ever had, actually so great that I bought a Friedman Pink Taco (not arrived yet) which I'm very excited about. So, I thought that these new profiles have to be freaking stunning if the first amp was defect and this one works as it should. I hate to say it, but they are not even close... Profiles with 6.4 on the Kemper gain scale have much, much less actual gain than profiles with 6.4 from the first pack, and the overall tone is simply inferior. Please notice that this is not a complaint, but just a heads up. I am very satisfied with the first pack, but I think it's very, very odd if the new pack is supposed to be the same with an amp that sounds and works "better".

Edited once, last by Alfi27 ().

• Yeah, I bought it used. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore.

I found another one that I think I'll buy. Assuming that the merged profile results will be better, I'll re-profile that one and send everyone who bought the pack a new set of profiles.

-Jimi

We have a different BE-100 in our hands now. I'm happy to report that this one sounds MUCH better. Will send out new profiles to everyone who bought the previous BE-100 pack when the profiles are done.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

-Jimi

THAT is Class right there.

• Got the new profiles mailed today. I want to start with, that I actually think the profiles of the "defect" amp sounds great! Running the HBE Low-profile (studio profile with cab sim off) through my cab gives me maybe the best guitar tone I've ever had, actually so great that I bought a Friedman Pink Taco (not arrived yet) which I'm very excited about. So, I thought that these new profiles have to be freaking stunning if the first amp was defect and this one works as it should. I hate to say it, but they are not even close... Profiles with 6.4 on the Kemper gain scale have much, much less actual gain than profiles with 6.4 from the first pack, and the overall tone is simply inferior. Please notice that this is not a complaint, but just a heads up. I am very satisfied with the first pack, but I think it's very, very odd if the new pack is supposed to be the same with an amp that sounds and works "better".

Same here.

I got the *defective* BE because of the raw, distinct, middish, cutting and vintage sound. Medium gain or clean with a singlecoil. Awesome.

Now I compared it to the *healthy* BE I just received. All the above is gone. Just a characterless so-so tube amp-sim sound. Not bad. But by no means better than my POD HD500 and worse than many of the free profiles.

Then again: no complaint. Jimi showed excellent service. And the *defective* pack (along with two others from him) is worth every cent.

More general: This might all be just a matter of taste. But: I had couple of defective tube amps. This was combined with nasty smoke and the sound was all gone. Very old tubes are changing their sound. Before they die they might get nasty, crazy, whatever sounding. Maybe that former BE was close to that. But: thats what tubes are all about, no? Its just that unreliable that a good profile of that magic moment state is worth gold. :D

PS: I hope that Jimi will not offer his defetive profiles anymore. :evil: I loved to be one of the rare owners...

Ne travaillez jamais.

• :rolleyes: Who dares to ask Jimi if we can get the version 1 Friedman profiles when version 2 is purchased... 8o:D^^
    I got the new profiles today, and I like them....
    But after reading the above, I'm getting more curious for the version 1 Friedman profiles...
    btw, I first ordered the 68SLead by accident... (it was early in the morning...) and this pack also rules! :thumbup:

• I can't speak to the Studio profiles because I haven't spent too much time with those, but in my opinion the Merged profiles in the new pack are far superior for running into a guitar cab direct.

• I can't speak to the Studio profiles because I haven't spent too much time with those, but in my opinion the Merged profiles in the new pack are far superior for running into a guitar cab direct.

Ah, OK, I forgot to mention again: I am only talking bout studio profiles...

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Just got the new Pack in the email Jimi thank you for putting in an extra effort to make all happy.
    You cant please every one Jimi, but you certainly are a fair man.

sincerely
    Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I did some more experimenting, and there is definitely something really strange going on... Profiles from the new package with gain at about 6-7 are not even comparable to profiles from the first pack, when it comes to amount of gain. The HBE Low (gain 6.8) from the new pack is maybe comparable to other profiles with gain at 3 or 4. This can't be right? I checked everything from clean sens to effects (none are active or even in the slots), rebooted my Kemper where it checked all the rigs etc, but it's still the same. Are someone else experiencing this? It applies to all merged and studio profiles.

• I did some more experimenting, and there is definitely something really strange going on... Profiles from the new package with gain at about 6-7 are not even comparable to profiles from the first pack, when it comes to amount of gain. The HBE Low (gain 6.8) from the new pack is maybe comparable to other profiles with gain at 3 or 4. This can't be right? I checked everything from clean sens to effects (none are active or even in the slots), rebooted my Kemper where it checked all the rigs etc, but it's still the same. Are someone else experiencing this? It applies to all merged and studio profiles.

Hi,

You really can't compare anything between the old and new BEye packs. The amps were completely different in character. The first amp had some major issues going on. It sounded like it was run through an AM radio. I'm glad at least one person dug the work we did to resurrect some life out of that first amp. ;)

-Jimi

• :rolleyes: Who dares to ask Jimi if we can get the version 1 Friedman profiles when version 2 is purchased... 8o:D^^
    I got the new profiles today, and I like them....
    But after reading the above, I'm getting more curious for the version 1 Friedman profiles...
    btw, I first ordered the 68SLead by accident... (it was early in the morning...) and this pack also rules! :thumbup:

Depends on whether you are after the studio profiles or the merged.....merged profiles in pack one were no good for direct with no cab, however in pack two they are great!

This is not my experience at all - I think the issue is not with the profiles

• Hi! Happy new year!

Shouldn't the gain of the merged profiles be identical to gain of the studio ones?

It would be interesting how the merged and studio profiles are linked.

I guess the amp for the merged / direct profiles has different settings (optimized for use with external cab) and that is why Kemper captured and shows different gain settings compared to the studio profiles. Is the mic setup different too?

As I understand the approach of Top Jimi here, the merged profiles are not exactly the same as studio profiles, but should work better with external cabs. So as an example we get a good sounding medium gain studio profile and a similar merged medium gain profile that is done to especially work great with "cab off" and an external guitar cab. If I am totally wrong, Top Jimi hopefully will correct me :)

Edited 3 times, last by Ibot39 ().