Top Jimi BEye Pack (Friedman BE-100 Brown Eye)

• Yes, ideally the studio and merged profiles would have identical gain. This is typically the case.

The Kemper has to somehow decide what part of the studio profile belongs to the amp and what part belongs to the cabinet. I have no idea how it could do this, but it does. The cabinet portion is copied over the top of a direct profile to make the merged profiles. I'm guessing that this process isn't perfect and may be part of what happened here. The box used to take the direct tap isn't completely transparent either, which also has some effect. We don't purposely make studio and merged profiles any different.

-Jimi

• Not sure I follow @SpinnerDeluxe.

Do you mean you could get the feel of the same amount of gain difference just by picking dynamically?

I assumed you are judging the gain setting difference between studio and merged by using just your ears and by playing your guitar. How *gainy* the profile will sound depends on how hard you hit your strings. We are human. So we will hit very differently - even though we think its *just the same*. In addition our ears are human as well. Very adaptive and very non-objective. This might lead to gain-judgment-errors which might be much greater than a setting difference 0f 0.5 on the gain knob.

I just wanted to say: isnt a setting difference of 0.5 on the gain knob measured by human ears/hands practically more a matter of taste/mood/playing variations than a true and scientific difference?

Ne travaillez jamais.