AWG 24 Remote Cable

• Hi there,

I started searching for an additional remote cable for bigger stages (so the cable should be more than 10 meters).
    The manual states that a cable with AWG 24 should be preferred. I find it hard to find cables that meet this requirement.

So i thought i might post this here, to help other that are also searching:

LogiLink has a Range of Products that are AWG 24.
    These are the Patchcables with the Product-Numbers starting with "CQ2". Note that only the unshielded ones are AWG 24 while the shielded ones are AWG 27, i think.

I hope that information is useful to someone.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you will need a PoE Injector for cables longer than 10 meters. For that purpose i bought the TP-Link that was suggested in the manual.

Regards,
    LH

Edited once, last by LH ().

• As far as I remember, the official cable that comes with the Remote is the maximum length it can be before capacitance renders the connection unstable. For longer cable runs, you'll need a POE.

• Look for CAT5 cable -mainly are AWG 24. (max 7,5 m)AWG 27 has too thin crosssection of wires.
    Suppliment: 10 m is of the limit - you should look for a POE. E.G. https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link…1-2&keywords=poe+splitter

Yes, of course. I forgot to write that i also bought a PoE injector.

But regarding the Cable gauge: I really found only few cat cable (cat 5 - 7) that are AWG 24.
    Even expensive ones (e.g. cordial) only have AWG 26. Cordial only has AWG 24 for cables longer than 75 meters i think.