An OS without bug pleaz....

• OP - Is there a specific bug that is stopping you from upgrading? Or are you just worried about updating because you have heard there are bugs?

As others have mentioned so long as humans are doing it it's pretty much impossible to have bug free software. Even the most heavily tested mission critical stuff still ends up having bugs, and yup, that includes the software running on aircraft, in your car, airports, hospitals, space probes and satellites. Remember just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it's not there.

All that can be achieved is the elimination of bugs that are reported. That's not the same thing as bugs that are encountered, if you find a bug and don't report it then there's every chance it wont get fixed, never assume the developer has found the same bug or that another user has reported it, no matter how obvious the bug might appear to you...

...especially if it's really obvious actually, because if it were as obvious as you assume then the developer wouldn't have let the bug slip through in the first place.

If you're just worried about potential bugs you have heard about then it's up to you if you want to upgrade or not. The way I read things - "Release" versions of the Kemper Firmware are versions that are described as stable, i.e. they have no known disruptive bugs and operate with a low failure tolerance suitable for professional use both live and in the studio and under normal operation you'd be highly unlikely to ever encounter any irregular behavior. In laymans speak, they're "bug free". There are plenty of versions after 3.3 available to upgrade to if you wanted to. If you are happy with how things are operating right now and don't need any of the newer features then there is no reason for you to update.

• Gentlemen, please excuse me but this thread seems way too negative for me - on *this* product forum.

I *hate* crashes. I *hate* losing tracks or any work when something goes wrong inside these calculators. The whole software industry (and I am part of it) is in general a true shame - quality wise. From cars to cell phones, television sets aka *smart* TVs. So far I am also concerned. Did I metion so called "auto pilots"? (I will NOT mention names like Steinberg oder Emagic here, because I am not stupid. Those are NOT part of my argument! )

BUT: there are some products out, which are different. They are rare, I know. In the musical industry its Reaper and its the Kemper Profiling Amp. (I lost some work with the RigManager and Performances, though, but never when operating the amp as such). In addition my original bean POD from Line 6 never let me down. For me things changed with the POD HD500. Before the Kemper I had a theory derived- from my experience: the more expensive the worst stable. ?( Call me a fool, but that was one argument *against* the Kemper. I am glad, it is the exception from this rule.

The fact that it is advised here not to use betas for live gigs seems almost over-sensitive to me... at least for the purpose I am using it.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• More than 10 years ago I was a heavy Vetta 2 user.The latest OS (after which the Vetta series was abandoned in favout of the Spider Valve series) contained bugs that were never resolved.

Ingolf, we have a Line6 vetta2 in our band, (you can see it in our video clip) :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

we use it for live gigs but never "in studio" ( 'cause the kemper is better). This vetta works great, we don't use the fx loop on it so we don't know this bug.

thread moved (it's not really a feature request)

...why? do you want tell that it s impossible to have a kemper without bug?( it's not a sarcastic reaction, it' s a real question)

I just don't get how bug fixing is something negative?

It's not the "bug fix" the problem, the problem is to have random bug. bug fixs are solutions.

i never use beta, always "release" but i must sometime made upgrade because new rigs don't work with some old os. I don't have bugs (or avoid them)

i love my kemper and the work of the kpa team is great . In my work, mistake is impossible maybe is that but for me, it's a non-sens to sold something who doesn't work perfectly (it s just my point of view so, that s the reason of my request, it s not a "negative thread" at all.)

yesterday, my C.A.E. wah is dead for the second time in 5 years, i can tell you that CAE ve got a very negative thread ;)

• ...why? do you want tell that it s impossible to have a kemper without bug?( it's not a sarcastic reaction, it' s a real question)

don't you think every developer's, programmer's, beta-tester's etc. intention is exactly this?

It's like saying: 'I want the Profiler to be perfect.'
    Great, so do we, but this doesn't make it a Feature Request - it's a very general, self-evident notion. ;)

• ...why? do you want tell that it s impossible to have a kemper without bug?( it's not a sarcastic reaction, it' s a real question)

"bugs" is something very generic. we don't distinguish in between serious issues and those of rather cosmetic nature. im my personal opinion, a musical instrument should be rock solid in every "mission critical" aspect. for instance, it should not crash out of the blue. and i believe we have achieved that status.

imagine you're running a restaurant and you come to the kitchen every day at 9pm. like everyday, you're asking for a status report. i guess under normal circumstances your employees would tell you the important news, for instance if somebody is ill or some ingredients are of a low quality. but they wouldn't tell you that somebody dropped a spoon on the floor full of chocolate crumbles. why? because it doesn't really matter.

what we do is to tell you about the chocolate crumbles in our change logs. in difference to my kitchen example, a minor issue addressed might matter to do. simply because you were facing it. but this doesn't mean that it is important in the great scheme of things.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• "bugs" is something very generic. we don't distinguish in between serious issues and those of rather cosmetic nature. im my personal opinion, a musical instrument should be rock solid in every "mission critical" aspect. for instance, it should not crash out of the blue. and i believe we have archived that status.
    imagine you're running a restaurant and you come to the kitchen every day at 9pm. like everyday, you're asking for a status report. i guess under normal circumstances your employees would tell you the important news, for instance if somebody is ill or some ingredients are of a low quality. but they wouldn't tell you that somebody dropped a spoon on the floor full of chocolate crumbles. why? because it doesn't really matter.

what we do is to tell you about the chocolate crumbles in our change logs. in difference to my kitchen example, a minor issue addressed might matter to do. simply because you were facing it. but this doesn't mean that it is important in the great scheme of things.

Great post, @G String, but I think you mean "achieved".

• Hey AJ, he only "dropped a spoon", mate. Inconsequential. :D

Have you heard about the restaurant where they found that waiters were inefficent?

They called in a Kaizen expert to help.

Service at the restaurant improved.

One regular patron remarked on this one day.

The waiter said it was on account of the consultant. He had noticed that the waiters spent a lot of time fetching spoons, so he asked them to carry it in a little bag to speed things up.

The patron noticed there was a string hanging from the waiters pants and pointed it out.

The waiter smiles and says the consultant also noticed that the waiters took a long time using the loo because they had to wash their hands, etc.

So he suggested they use a string to pull their zip up and down.

The patron is amazed and asks, but how do you get everything back in afterwards without using your hands.

Waiter says, "oh, for that we use the spoons" :D :D :D

• Ingolf, we have a Line6 vetta2 in our band, (you can see it in our video clip) :

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    we use it for live gigs but never "in studio" ( 'cause the kemper is better). This vetta works great, we don't use the fx loop on it so we don't know this bug.

Saying this is like me denying the bugs in the Kemper because it works flawlessly for me.

• Semi-OT, Latest news: last iOS for iPhone causes turning off at 30% of battery on many (not all) phones. This appens after several betas, after a lot of programming.
    Once again, there will never be a complex software without bugs.

• Then why start this thread? No point in whining.

just because i m not a "fanboy" who says "my gear is perfect" even if it s not true.

just because maybe i m the only one who thinks it s not normal to spend money for something ( not only the kemper) who never do perfectly what it s suppose to do.

just because if all customers said that bugs (in every softwart, not only for the kemper) are a shame, maybe all inc.' ll do things who work perfectly

i ve got a strymon timeline, i can tell you that s not as good as they say: looper is dead after 12000kz, so you listen less dynamic, digital delay has always a filter... when strymon knows that and doesn t works on it, can you tell that s perfect? NO.
    HERE, KEMPER (DON) LISTEN WHAT WE WANT TO IMPROVE AND WORKS ON IT. So yes, i think that i can tell "your work is great" and "yes, as customer, i can request an os without bug".