An OS without bug pleaz....

• just because i m not a "fanboy" who says "my gear is perfect" even if it s not true.
    just because maybe i m the only one who thinks it s not normal to spend money for something who never do perfectly what it s suppose to do.

just because if all customers said that bugs (in every softward) are a shame, maybe all inc.' ll do things who work perfectly

i ve got astrymon timeline, i can tell you that s not as good as they say: looper is dead after 12000kz, so you listen less dynamic, digital delay has alwais a filter... whenstrymon knows that and doesn t work on it, can you tell that s perfect? NO.
    HERE, KEMPER (DON) LISTEN WHAT WE WANT TO IMPROVE AND WORKS ON IT. So yes, i think that a i tell "your work is great" and "yes, as customer, i can request an os without bug.

I agree with you 100%. But it's by asking for fixes and feature requests that the product has been improving all the time.

In that respect, there are firmware revisions that are bug-free, so if you find that there are too many bugs in a beta, just roll back and wait it out.

• The way I read things - "Release" versions of the Kemper Firmware are versions that are described as stable, i.e. they have no known disruptive bugs and operate with a low failure tolerance suitable for professional use both live and in the studio and under normal operation you'd be highly unlikely to ever encounter any irregular behavior. In laymans speak, they're "bug free".

3.3 release
    - rise of the volume (0,2 s) in "performance" when you put an external delay ( for exemple) in the stereo loop in 2 rigs and that you are going to this rig to the other (bug since os 2.4) .( Delay and kemper are controled by midi, delay= master, kemper = slave) Solution : i must lock the stereo loop.

- last live : sudden change of the amount of reverb

4.2.2 release... (not yet tested but if you search 1 minute into the forum. i 'll try this os next week)

- volume drop
    (https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…postID=342963&#post342963)

• The Kemper software will never be bug free ... NEVER ! Simply because there is no way to test every case in such complex software ... As software developper, i can say that "bug-free" softwares are rare and are only just a small piece of code far from what you can find in an application like the Kemper (Airbag controller in a car, medical appliance ...). The work to test and validate is not suitable at all for a product like the KPA
    The KPA cost 1K5€ and then you expect that it has to be bug free ? professional software like CAO cost 10 times the price of the KPA and are full of bugs ... !

Yes, i also see the changle log for every new release ... did you facing any bug they reported in their change log ? how much exactly ?

• professional software like CAO cost 10 times the price of the KPA and are full of bugs ... !

....and so, do you think that is normal ????

... did you facing any bug they reported in their change log ? how much exactly ?

Like i m saying since the beginning, i don't speak about me specialy but about the bugs in a release os.

• Just to add, what's "normal" is not the same as what's "desirable". No-one wants buggy software, but without a viable alternative and unfortunately so long as squishy organics are the ones doing the programming that's the way things are.

When it comes to bugs Kemper is actually incredibly good.

I have to ask again, what's actually stopping you from upgrading? Is there a specific bug? Or are you just scared from reading other peoples experiences (in which case can you link to what people have said?). Because right now this just sounds like a lot of hot air.

• Could it be that MS

Please keep MS out of this. They represent no benchmark with regards to bugs, rather the opposite. I was among those who once handled customer support for PCs running DOS/Windows, but got so sick of it that I chucked the thing out around the time win95 was released and have never looked back. I lost all respect for the company and their products. These geniuses in their wisdom even managed to reintroduce the blue-screen in the last incarnation of their so-called operating system. Is that nostalgia or what?

• you are speaking about computer.... but can you tell me how much fw or bug fix are done for a line6 vetta2 or the helix?

For the Vetta-2 there has been no fix or update for about a decade. Helix just had a firmware update to version 2.10

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Semi-OT, Latest news: last iOS for iPhone causes turning off at 30% of battery on many (not all) phones. This appens after several betas, after a lot of programming.
    Once again, there will never be a complex software without bugs.

At least it doesn't explode! :D

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• I appreciate every ones frustration , pro and con... even tho i think Kemper try their hardest and i respect their efforts.
    If i could contribute a way to get the testing improved and bugs ironed out...then i would contribute.

But because i cant, i am not going to give them a hard time ATM.
    just stay away from Beta for now, and think twice before upgrading right away on shows etc.

Lets do OUR part too thats all i am saying.
    Yes i know this does not help much, but maybe some.

its such a great machine, maybe if we had more beta testers?
    i dont know just thinking out loud

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• This is utopical, but if Kemper were to test the OS 5 like automotive companies test embedded software, which is much simple, then they would have a release version every 2-4 years :) And maybe an outside team that had to go over each line of code the first team wrote and check it. And test every possible scenario, a difference being possibly made by just increasing one parameter of one "black box" (ex. stomp). And don't forget the hardware, each component would have to be tested, for each device build - 100% QS tests for everything. I'm much more happy to have frequent updates that work 99% percent of the time.

• Please keep MS out of this. They represent no benchmark with regards to bugs, rather the opposite. I was among those who once handled customer support for PCs running DOS/Windows, but got so sick of it that I chucked the thing out around the time win95 was released and have never looked back. I lost all respect for the company and their products. These geniuses in their wisdom even managed to reintroduce the blue-screen in the last incarnation of their so-called operating system. Is that nostalgia or what?

Please do not quote halfsentence without connection to the topic I have said.
    I am not interested to be used for shitstorm against windows or any competitors!

Edited 2 times, last by Sharry ().

• Ok, now seriously. If you have a bug that prevents you from using the Profiler, simply help us to fix that bug for you by:

• open a support ticket
    • describe a way to replicate it
    • attach a backup of your device (this is always a great source of information)

Of course we don't have bugs because we want to be sloppy - issues can happen, but if we can reproduce them, they are usually fixed very fast. If you want, you can also discuss this with the community in the forum, but the support ticket is the way to go.

• like i say since the beginning :

-this not a "frustration" thread (i don't know why you are thinking that since the 1st post), i use the profiler every day and i love it, its only my second amp in 20 years and i hope that i keep it 20 years too.

-i don't speak about me/my kemper/my bugs (but if you want, go to 42). i had a bug 2 years ago and open a support ticket, the next firmware resolves it.

-i just tell that there are (, again,) always bugs in release. If you want to see bugs, just read "Profiler related issues and trouble shooting help", there are (too) many posts with bugs in "release OS".

- i just tell that bugs in a release os are not a "normal situation" (for me..... sorry if i don't see the world like others) not a good publicity for kemper Inc.

it s all what i try to say...

(the end)

• Your posts sound an awful lot like frustration to me though. Especially your second one which I read simply as you're stuck on 3.2 because it's the only one that's stable for you but want to upgrade so you can use the latest profiles. So once again, what's not stable in the current "stable" OS for you as compared to 3.2?

You keep talking about bugs as if the OS is riddled with showstoppers, but what bugs are bothering you? If there aren't any then I just don't get this thread, it's like asking for less dismemebered fingers in your order of McNuggets.

What OS have you used for any product that have been bug free? I'm willing to bet that none of them have been. Or are you asking for Kemper not to change anything on the programming side but instead to neither acknowledge or inform their users of issues that could affect them or bug fixes and censor any posts on bugs in their forums? Just for the sake of PR?

Edited 2 times, last by Per ().

• i m just responsable of what i write, not what you imagine.

no need of morphing so no need of "news os" for my purpose. it s why i m on 3.2 since long time (the last os than i used was the 2.7 but i needed merged).

like i said before, maybe you don't read it (post 42) i have a trouble with my fx loop and my strymon (but i found a solution) so, i m waiting a 5.x release (and the news delays)

today, i put the 4.2.2, to try it but, if you search "volume drop" in the forum, you can find a bug in the output...it s not a minor bug for a relase os. ME? i don't care cause i use spdif or headphone but, like i say since the beginning, i don't speak about me, i think "communauty"...(and it s why it s not a frustration post)

other product with bug free? ...well i play with kemper, not with an other product. i m not a gas fan.