BOOMING low frequency

• I can hear an unpleasant(to me) midrange frequency peak in your clip. Some guitar/amp/cab combinations and mic positions can produce that kind of sound. An amp can sound like that in a room, without a mic, too. It is the kind of sound that would normally be removed from the guitar channel/track to get the guitar to fit into a mix.
    Many profiles have frequency boosts in them that would not work in a mix. This is especially true of the bottom heavy ones that sound huge when the guitar is the only instrument playing, but disappear when the bass and drums start to play.

Since you are not hearing it on literally everything, I think you have found a frequency range that you don't like.

Yeah I know thats why I have stated that ;)

I can hear it in 5150, Gallien Krueger, Kemper, Microcube Bias,

Some settings less or more than others.

• quite the contrary for me: 25+ years of doing just this and I appreciate more things in more music then ever before :)

I don't know why but I always thought you were in your 20's. Haha.

Yes, I appreciate well recorded music a lot more. Something about the vintage hard rock records cannot be duplicated. What I should have said is it's harder for me to listen to more modern albums. Or at least I need to discover new bands.

• I agree with @paults and hear what's called the midrange honk. The more you record and train your ears, the harder it becomes to listen to music. There's tons of frequencies that drive me nuts. Google midrange honk and mess around with EQ to find the annoying frequency and lower it a little.

No its not a "midrange honk"

It sounds a bit like "thunder" every time I hit the strings. It's not musical or tied to the chord, it's a noise that sounds the same but louder or quieter depending on what chords are played

You're not listening to my clip correctly.

• I'll check it out later on better speakers, currently listening on built in PC speakers.

To PM; When viewing the users profile on the right hand side there's an image of a chat bubble, not sure how to word it. Click that to start conversation.

• I think the low end wars came when sinmix got popular. The fatness of the tones he was getting was inspiring and it's one of the basis of my profiling is to include that deep bass tone whilst obviously my own take. A lot of people won't like it but noting a cut around 120 or a bit of compression won't fix..

Bass ftw

• I think the low end wars came when sinmix got popular. The fatness of the tones he was getting was inspiring and it's one of the basis of my profiling is to include that deep bass tone whilst obviously my own take. A lot of people won't like it but noting a cut around 120 or a bit of compression won't fix..

Bass ftw

That is still NOT the issue here.

It's a noise similar to a thunder.
    It's not because of "booming lows"

It's hard to describe.

You have to LISTEN to the clip in the OP

In other words: HIGH PASSING DOES NOT MAKE IT GO AWAY
    At least not until your up to like 300-400hz, and thats completely useless for guitars.

• I have listened to the clips and I hear the "boomy thunder" freq you mean but it doesn't bother me.
    To my knowledge we all hear things differently.
    Our hearing is not constant, we get used to sounds or start listening to specific freq without thinking about it.
    Hearing can change over time and it's never a linear curve which gives each person individual small dips or peaks.
    It's common that people can get over sensitive to certain freq, even if they don't have any documented hearing loss, and there can be many things that causes it, even a common cold, stress or medicine can influence our hearing in different ways.
    Try to pinpoint the annoying freq by using a tone generator and sweep through freq in your DAW.

I hope you find a solution.

• Thanks for understanding the issue! :)

Could you also record hard hitted A powerchords (like in my clip) and post it on soundcloud? If you have it, or somewhere else.
    I would like to see if I can hear it in your

The weird thing is that it's mostly apparent when playing A chord on "A string" (like AC/DC style), but not on "E string" (like for example Ramones)

• Sorry, I can't record right now.
    I added this in my prev post:
    Try to pinpoint the exact annoying freq by using a tone generator and sweep through freq in your DAW.

I have done that (dont remember exact numbers) but it's not even a narrow frequency.

I think it's al the way from like 0-300hz or something, but mostly in the 100-200 area I think.
    You can use narrow EQ to make it go away (like with other certain things like a booming low frequency on bass guitar)
    To make it go away you really have to highpass it like crazy up to 200hz and there's still some tendencies for the noise.

And as said it's NOT my room or speakers, I can hear it on different speakers, real amps in rehearsal, in my headphones etc etc.

• The weird thing is that it's mostly apparent when playing A chord on "A string" (like AC/DC style), but not on "E string" (like for example Ramones)

Thats a sign! Sheena is a punk rocker! :D

E is about 84 Hz and this is about 84 Hz. A is far from that. 84 - thats a typical room node in larger private rooms. Also close to the resonance in many guitar cabinets. So it should be the other way round! But yes, I was re-reading your first post including all the edits. I got your message that this is present and independent of guitars, amps, speakers and rooms anyway.

So - sitting in front my monitors with an active 18 inch subwoofer monster - I am again listening to your guitar track. There is nothing like unusual thunder or bass in that track which I could hear. Sorry. Its just a sub-par guitar amp sound with many artefacts and on the thicker side of what I prefer.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Is it your own made profile in the track? If so, to me it sounds like a proximity effect and no locut . i had a problem like this long time ago. What I did to get rid of it was to use ext mixer with locut for the mic before sending it back to the kemper return when I profiled.
    If its your own profile, is the same mic for guitar and vocal recording, since you also have the problem on your voc recording? If so it could be combination of the mic and the room.

Kemper Stage, KPA head, Remote, JH Audio Lola IEM, Shure PSM 900 wireless System, L-Acoustics 108P active FRFR monitor.

• Cederick it seems like something is causing you to be oversensitive to the lower freq.
    It can be many things. If you haven't tried it already I highly recommend to use a good common earwax cleaner (revaxör).
    Never ever put tops in the ear to clean, but use the safe liquid, rinse and repeat several times.
    I do it even when I don't experience any hearing loss and my hearing often improves afterward, with less low rumbling and more high end. Some get more earwax than others and I've noticed that using hearing noise plugs can push earwax further in sometimes resulting in low bass rumble.

• Cederick it seems like something is causing you to be oversensitive to the lower freq.
    It can be many things. If you haven't tried it already I highly recommend to use a good common earwax cleaner (revaxör).
    Never ever put tops in the ear to clean, but use the safe liquid, rinse and repeat several times.
    I do it even when I don't experience any hearing loss and my hearing often improves afterward, with less low rumbling and more high end. Some get more earwax than others and I've noticed that using hearing noise plugs can push earwax further in sometimes resulting in low bass rumble.

I recommended that 2 pages ago :)