Turning on Remote tuner from the rack

• Hi all,

Just wondering if I can turn on the tuner on the remote from the rack itself, without changing the mode selector knob on the kemper to tuner?

The reason is so I can mute the kemper for my guitar player during guitar changes, but I don't want to run the risk of turning the knob too far in a hurry and actually turning the kemper off.

Is there a function I've missed?

Thanks,

• Hello nickloosley,

i think the best method would be to get a simple single footswitch and plug it directly into the kemper (fs 1 or 2).
    Then you can program this switch to toggle the tuner on and off.

I do not know of any other button on the kemper itself that would activate the tuner.

• Or - if you have a free slot "X" or "MOD" and you don´t use anything in the FX-Loop, set up a Looper as Effect and activate it: if nothing is connected in the loop, the KPA mutes.

But I would go the Footswitch route :)

• I had considered that but I have an EHX Micro Synth in the loop, besides I'd rather actually activate the tuner to remind the guitar player he's muted when he goes to change his rig, in case I'm preoccupied with something else. Thanks for the suggestion though!

• Is it an option for the Quick button? If not, that could be a useful Feature Request.

I am on 4.0.6 at the moment. The Quick button can not be used to access the tuner.
    So, i agree. This would be a good request if it is also not possible in the current OS version

• Do you realize, that the Profiler doesn't immediately shutdown, if you accidentally switch the chickenhead into Off position? There is a screen indicating, that the Profiler will shut down after about 3- 4 seconds and a bar reflecting the progress. So if you should accidentally turn the chickenhead beyond Tuner, there is plenty of time to correct that.