About bass amp ?

• Hi all,

I would like to know if some of you use the Kemper with a bass guitar.

- is it ok with active bass ?
    - are there any default profiles for bass ?
    - can I profile a bass amp like I would do with a guitar amp (if the answer is "yes" at my 2nd question, I think it's yes too :P ) ? I have a friend that own a good tubes bass amp and a good cab and I would like to profile it :).

Thanks.

• Yes
    No
    Yes

There is a genz benz profile available for download, people needs to make more of them

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Ok I just downloaded the profile. Thanks for answers. I'll see with my friend if we can find a day to profile his amp. I would like to use 2 mics (M88 and C414) and I have to find a little mixer but perhaps the M88'll do the job alone.

• There is a genz benz profile available for download, people needs to make more of them

I'd just like to say that I'm a bit surprised the KPA didn't come with at least a bunch of them. I'm totally loving my KPA but I think Kemper should do a bunch of bass amp profiles for those of us who don't have access to a bunch of bass amps.

• I'd just like to say that I'm a bit surprised the KPA didn't come with at least a bunch of them. I'm totally loving my KPA but I think Kemper should do a bunch of bass amp profiles for those of us who don't have access to a bunch of bass amps.

Have you downloaded the ones that are there, at least (ampeg, tc, genz benz, e.t.c) ?

• Have you downloaded the ones that are there, at least (ampeg, tc, genz benz, e.t.c) ?

No, not yet. I'm still acclimating to the KPA but, hopefully, I'll get to adding a few more profiles from the exchange this week. I know bass amps isn't the focus of this product... but if it can do it, why not? It's like Kemper's turning it's back on a potential market. Bass players are already used to DI set ups more than most guitar players and I've played with more than my fair share of bassists who were sick and tired of lugging around SVT rigs... and I'm personally a band mate who hated helping them! :D

• I'm going to do a Carvin BX1500 as well as a SWR 700 (pre-fender) tube head. Haven't gotten to them yet but will do soon. Any interest?

• I'm going to do a Carvin BX1500 as well as a SWR 700 (pre-fender) tube head. Haven't gotten to them yet but will do soon. Any interest?

Absolutely...and Thanks!

BTW, please post when you've uploaded them, as I'm try to kick the habit of looking for new rigs every hour. :whistling: :D

• I'm planning on doing a session with my Mesa mPulse> Ampeg 4x14 & Ampeg 1x15
    I have a few decent mics to use as well, a 57, a condenser, a ribbon
    Live it's a fantastic inspirational tone...let's see if I can do it any justice...probably in the next week

• I'm planning on doing a session with my Mesa mPulse> Ampeg 4x14 & Ampeg 1x15
    I have a few decent mics to use as well, a 57, a condenser, a ribbon
    Live it's a fantastic inspirational tone...let's see if I can do it any justice...probably in the next week

Thanks in advance!

Yes please!

I did get a chance to download and install some bass amp profiles (thanks to those who took the time to do the work) and it's pretty clear that the KPA is capable of bass amps just as it is guitar amps. Why Kemper doesn't ship with a couple is still a mystery... Anyway, I'd love to see a Pearce or some Hartkey's and GKs as well as your Carvin and SWR. The more the merrier!

• True, we are focussing on guitar, and it's good to focus for a reasonable time.
    But we always had bass players in mind.
    I am happy to see bass players taking over.
    The instrument input is capable of taking an active bass. Please take care to adjust Clean Sense in the input section to your level.
    We have even generalized a bass paradigm: Most of our Chorus effects feature a Crossover parameter that remains the important bass fundamental unprocessed and stable. This is known from a famous bass chorus, but we found it also helps other instruments.

A famous german band (Die Toten Hosen, german charts leader) used the Profiler for their new album and play three Profilers on stage (Rock Am Ring). Two guitars and one bass.

Will be great to get feedback from bass players!

CK

• In that case i'll see what I can do. my two bass rigs are Ampeg 4x10 and Mesa 6x10. Should be interesting to say the least. I'll step it up and try to get a few rigs by this weekend!

• But we always had bass players in mind.

CK

Great to here that from you, i'm firstly a guitarist but probably like a lot of us, i'm also a bass player and the kemper interest me a lot in that way cause plugin are not so great (imo) and if the quality of bass profiles can be as good as guitar profile that would be a huge plus for the Kemper !!
    I also think that a lot of people can do a guitar amp profile cause a lot of guitarist have at least a sm57 but not a bass amp mic.

Did someone had a good result with distorted bass profile ?

• In that case i'll see what I can do. my two bass rigs are Ampeg 4x10 and Mesa 6x10. Should be interesting to say the least. I'll step it up and try to get a few rigs by this weekend!

Did you have a chance to do these and I just missed them?

• Not yet. Hoping to pull off the time this weekend. Just haven't had the time to do it. But definitely will do it soon!