Problem - Is it Kemper or Freidman ASM-12

• I sent this to Freidman support tonight, but need to rule out the Kemper as the culprit.

I've had my KSM-13 for several months and only recently began using it while waiting to get a Kemper after deciding to move away from my Fractal unit.

I had complained on a few online forums saying I was underwhelmed with the volume of the unit, that there was no way this would work in a band situation. Just bit loud enough.

Several people chimed in saying they have no issue with volume, I wrote it off as differences on ideas on loudness.

Then about a week ago, out of nowhere, the volume suddenly dropped in half, and stayed that way for several days. I checked all cables/connections, all was good, I was stumped? (I created a thread here about this issue)

Sudden Volume (Monitor Out) Issue

Then one day, all back to normal, no changes to anything, just louder again, all out of nowhere.

Tonight, out of nowhere, bam, really, really, loud, way louder than anything I've ever experienced with the unit.

Now I'm convinced something is just not right.

To all of you, I've ruled out cables being the issue, do you guys think this is a Kemper issue, maybe software related, or is this most likley an issue with my ASM-12?

EDIT-----

I have read that my first issue where the volume dropped is a known issue with the Kemper. Could my sudden loudness be the same Kemper issue?

• To be honest in nearly 5 years of gigging I have never had anything like this happen. Sounds very strange. Do you have any other speakers you could try? Or another modeler to see if it's the ASM-12

• i had a similar issue with my Mesa amp years ago. Turned out to be a power issue in my home. Never happened outside my house. Even a power conditioner didnt stop it. It would switch between the normal level and then a ridiculously loud one, usually accompanied with extra buzzing.

I never looked into the amp itself as it was never an issue outside my home.

• I have the Friedman, Kemper, and a Helix. Have no volume level problems with either one into the ASM-12.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• I know this is a tough question to answer, but how loud is your ASM-12?

My 35 watt Badger is louder than my 600watt ASM-12.

When I get it to a reasonable loud volume, the red clip light goes wild. No way can I see this thing being able to hang with a drummer in a band rehearsal setting.

• side note, I tend to use my 15" coaxial powered monitor more than my Friedman playing live gigs.

but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• it's pretty doggone loud. Plenty loud for live use with acoustic drummer that hits hard.

• ahhh... Yeah, mine's only a hair darker/warmer than my other speakers