help me find this tone/fizzy sound

• Hi,

i have a problem with high gain sounds. I'm trying to match this tone

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The problem is that it all sounds too fizzy. I tried and bought tons of profiles but the high gain ones sound fizzy. I know they use Soldano amps so i bought STL great wall pack after reading positive reviews of their SLO but once again it sounds really fizzy. I think i should be able to remove fizziness with an EQ but i am not so skilled with eq so any help is appreciated. Thanks

• Sorry to ask this, but any more info pls? What are you listening through? Is it there through all possible that you've tried? E.g. Headphones, guitar cab, frfr…. Are you listening through your daw? If so studio monitors, sample rates etc.

As I said, sorry, but there are loads of possibilities.

I only notice 'fizz' on high gain profiles when my interface/daw isn't set to 44k.

• try this:

• turn down Definition
    • reduce Presence
    • turn up Clarity
    • put a Studio EQ post STACK and reduce the HiCut until it sounds right to you

although it should be pointed out, that these higher Frequencies usually get masked by Cymbals or other mix elements.
    you can hear how bright the guitar sounds in the short solo passage (+ Hihat) at 0:19

hth