Kemper foot controller rapidly scrolling through performances

• Sorry if this has been asked before. Normally I just search for my topic and usually find a pre-existing thread, but couldn't this time.

My issue is that sometimes when I am using the foot controller, I will hit the button to scroll up to the next performance, and the Kemper starts rapidly scrolling up the performance list until I hit another button to stop it. This usually creates a good 10 second pause where I have to scroll all the way back down. I am now deathly afraid that this will happen during a live gig. Anyone else had this issue before? I just recently upgraded my FW to 4.2.2 hoping that would solve it, but have encountered the issue again post update. I contacted support but wanted to reach out to the community as well for more insight. Thanks!

• Hi, I have experienced the same problem twice and once in a live gig. :(
    I found msyelf, after klicking next performance on the remote, to perf. number 125 (the last one).Till I have realised that and turned back to desired perf. 22 by using the knob the song was almoust over. Without me.
    The second time it happenned during a rehearsal. I thought it was an unknown feature and by moving the volume pedal you can scroll faster through performances but this was not true.
    Still wondering what happenned.

• Hi, I have experienced the same problem twice and once in a live gig. :(
    I found msyelf, after klicking next performance on the remote, to perf. number 125 (the last one).Till I have realised that and turned back to desired perf. 22 by using the knob the song was almoust over. Without me.
    The second time it happenned during a rehearsal. I thought it was an unknown feature and by moving the volume pedal you can scroll faster through performances but this was not true.
    Still wondering what happenned.

If this happens even with a current operating system revision, please open a support ticket.

• If this happens even with a current operating system revision, please open a support ticket.

This happenes when you press simultaneously two switches next and previous. You need to point better and wear slim shoes.

My last funny problem happened during a gig. I have programmed the last button on the right for an effect switch, and instead I pressed the button above ( the tuner).

Suddenly there was no sound anymore, we were playing Are you gonna go my way and I was for 30 seconds trying all sorts of things till I realised the real cause. Unforgettable...

• I understand the frustration, but how can you expect meaningful responses from a device, if you press any buttons accidentally? If you press the TUNER button while the option Mute Signal is selected, the signal gets muted. You can deactivate Mute Signal in Tuner Mode, but then the signal isn't muted while you tune your guitar. You can also disable the TUNER button in the System Settings completely, but then you cannot engage the tuner via foot button anymore.

If you press Up and Down buttons "simultaneously", the first button rules and Performances step/scroll up- or downwards. However as soon as you release the buttons the scrolling stops.

• My last funny problem happened during a gig. I have programmed the last button on the right for an effect switch, and instead I pressed the button above ( the tuner).

Suddenly there was no sound anymore, we were playing Are you gonna go my way and I was for 30 seconds trying all sorts of things till I realised the real cause. Unforgettable...

"Officer, I planned on braking at the red light but I pressed the wrong pedal!... "

• i guess hitting the wrong button we expect that button to still perform it’s task, even though that is unlucky and unintentional. What i think the OP is referring to is that if you accidentally press multiple buttons you don’t expect some “self-destruct” situation to occur. I sometimes hit the tuner accidentally but realise what i’ve done and can recover within a second.

If we accidentally hit a combination of buttons you wouldn’t expect to enter a situation that takes longer to recover from than it did to enter. I can neither confirm nor deny this so maybe a video demo from anyone would be of value to the designers.

• i guess hitting the wrong button we expect that button to still perform it’s task, even though that is unlucky and unintentional. What i think the OP is referring to is that if you accidentally press multiple buttons you don’t expect some “self-destruct” situation to occur. I sometimes hit the tuner accidentally but realise what i’ve done and can recover within a second.

If we accidentally hit a combination of buttons you wouldn’t expect to enter a situation that takes longer to recover from than it did to enter. I can neither confirm nor deny this so maybe a video demo from anyone would be of value to the designers.

Have you tried to reproduce that theoretical scenario you describe?