Why is this forum not bursting with activity?

• We had a gig monday and there were quite a few mucisians
    None off the ones I spoke to ever heard of the kpa
    A matter of time before this forum will be crowded with contributions

• I've been forgetting the Phantom on my mixer switched on at least 10 times, and another 10 times I have switched Phantom on instead power off :wacko: ...nothing happened...

Thanks for the reply, that's really good to know, I hope it does have protection, and you weren't just lucky.. :) like I said and you have experienced we can't really avoid it sometimes, or just forget to switch power off when we can do it, I'd like to hear an official word on this subject from Kemper.

• It can be scary stuff indeed. I fried one of the main outs on my axefx standard this way. Live in front of about 2000 people. Outdoor summer festival. 'Professional' sound man . I was running in mono too so didn't have a clue what was going on.
    G66eu fixed it for me (about a 2 week turnaround) and all the units were from then on fitted with a protection circuit..

• I personally think that it is respectful to the creator & developers to come on this board and say you love it (if you do) - you don't have to live here or make it your life, but at least acknowledge the value of such a unique product! In other words, 'Never take anything for granted'...

All modelers known to man 8o

• I personally think that it is respectful to the creator & developers to come on this board and say you love it (if you do) - you don't have to live here or make it your life, but at least acknowledge the value of such a unique product! In other words, 'Never take anything for granted'...

True.. :thumbup:

• A have a few which i've already asked, but no replies so far, but one very important question I have is this: Does the KPA have any kind of protection in the XLR outputs in case of 48 v phantom power is on by whatever mixer your using?
    A friend of mine had asked this question to Kemper before, but this was months ago, and the reply he got wasn't very clear, basically saying not to plug the KPA into mixer channels with phantom power on, now of course i know we shouldn't do that, BUT in real life situations sometimes it can't be avoided, some small mixers (Mackie etc) have a global phantom power switch, All ON , or All Off, we use one of these at rehearsal, sometimes phantom has to be on to power some mics, or DI's etc for the other guys, also at live gigs specially festivals with a few bands, even if the monitor consoles have individual switches for 48v phantom power, sometimes mistakes are made by the engineer, and you end up with phantom power in the KPA channels, now what happens, what can we expect? will the KPA fry the outputs or anything else inside? Like I said if there is no protection, even being careful, sooner or later it will happen, this is why it's important to me, and i assume everyone who owns one.

If that is your only worries :)

Yes, the Outputs are phantom power proof.

CK

• If that is your only worries :)

Yes, the Outputs are phantom power proof.

CK

Thanks very much for your reply, and I'm glad to hear they're protected, I'm really looking forward to receiving my KPA, and thanks for taking guitar gear to new levels, very few companies do that these days, NAMM lately from most companies is the old " New and Improved "(same crap) inside a new shinny box.. :)

• Wow 3 days on a business trip and SO much activity here 8o

Was wondering where you were, you've left me alone with all the troubleshooting :cursing: :D :D :D Hope business went well!!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff