FCB 1010 Order Of Selection

• When I use my new foot controller in Performance mode, everything works as expected. When I use it in Browser Mode, all the effect selections work as expected, but navigating through Amp Profiles does not. There doesn't seem to be any rime or reason to the process.

First, why do you have to double tap to select a profile, verses just a single push of the pedal?

Second, it doesn't matter which bank level I'm on, each button 1-5 selects the same profile. In other words, if I select Bank 1, button 1 its one profile, and there are separate profiles for each of the 5 buttons, but when I go up a bank or down a bank, selecting 1-5, brings up the same profiles, regardless which bank I'm on.

Third, I can't figure out how it goes about assigning profiles to each button. If I have my Kemper set to sort by All, it brings on 5 particular profiles and assigns them to buttons 1-5 with no apparent order to them. Then back to my 2nd point above. If I change the Kemper sort to something else, lets say Favorite, then it assigns 5 different profiles to buttons 1-5, but again, after that, I'm back to my 2nd question again.

I'm not sure If I'm explaining this well or not, I hope you guys understand what I'm explaining as well as what I'm asking.

I realize that I can just assign the amps I want to Performance Mode and all will work as I want it to, but I'd like to figure out how to use this controller for browser mode too. Logic would say that if I had 2 profiles on my kemper, that 1-5 would be in Bank 1, 6-10 Bank 2, 11-15 Bank 3 and so on.

• I ran into the same, or at least a similar type of issue when I bought the same floorboard recently, and installed the UNO chip. Was really disappointed because there was no rhyme or reason for the rig selection in Browse mode.

What I finally did that ended up working out perfectly (with mine, UNO4 Kemper installed), was to assign a MIDI number to each rig, in the rig settings (I only assigned to a handful that I actually would be using with the floorboard, maybe 12 rigs, so within 3 banks).

So then in BROWSE MOD:

• pedals 1-5 in Bank 1 ended up controlling rigs assigned midi #'s 1-5
    • pedals 1-5 in Bank 2 controlled rigs assigned midi #'s 6-10
    • pedals 1-5 in Bank 3 controlled rigs assigned midi #'s 11-5
    • and so on - all in banks of 5 - it ended up being simple

Hopefully that works for you. I don't know why it was so difficult for me to eventually figure this out. I found a thread at one point where there was discussion about renamed rigs to sort, etc., but I found that simply assigning midi numbers to each of the rigs you want to select in Browse mode is all you need to do, and the banks work in groups of 5 as noted above.

Good luck (again - this is using the UNO chip, but assuming it would be the same regardless)

• Indeed, assigning a MIDI ProgramChange number to each rig is the way to organize rigs for Browse mode. With UnO4Kemper the floorboard will automatically select rigs in the order of assigned ProgramChange numbers when the Profiler is in Browse mode. With UnO firmware or Behringer firmware you just have to program the floorboard to send an ascending PC number for each switch in each bank.
    I reviewed the UnO4Kemper manual and indeed found out that this was not clearly mentioned. I have updated the topic about Browse mode and uploaded a manual update to our website (UnO4Kemper manual). Sorry for the confusion!

• I reviewed the UnO4Kemper manual and indeed found out that this was not clearly mentioned. I have updated the topic about Browse mode and uploaded a manual update to our website (UnO4Kemper manual). Sorry for the confusion!

Thank You!

I'm sure this has been one of the more common sources of confusion with new user setup - it sure was for me... Once over that point, the rest was very easy.

• II ran into the same, or at least a similar type of issue when I bought the same floorboard recently, and installed the UNO chip. Was really disappointed because there was no rhyme or reason for the rig selection in Browse mode.

This ended up being user error, but I have some recommendations. You should include in your manual, that many purchased Profiles do not come with a Midi Channel assigned to them, and therefore, will not work properly in Browse mode, until the user goes in and assigns a Midi Channel Number to them.

If there is a way to have the Kemper automatically assigns profile specific Midi Channels to profiles loaded in the Kemper, please share that with me as well. I incorrectly assumed that if I had 999 profiles installed on my Kemper, that the Kemper would automatically assign the Midi Channels accordingly.