"From Dark to Light recorded with Kemper

• I've had my KPA for a few months so still new to it. I recorded a tune "From Dark to Light" without an EQ, again not knowing the KPA to well. The other tune on the link below were recorded with an 11R. I would like from you guys to give me your honest opinions on both the music but mainly on the sound quality. The tune is also on Spotify. To me the as I listen to other artist on this site the sound quality is different. My track sound bottom end and kinda raw sounding. Any suggestions as far recording tips would be appreciated.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    recorded with KPA without EQ

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    recorded with 11R

The rest of the tunes are on Soundcloud, type Project Progmus. Thanks guys.

• Thanks skoczy!. You know the bass player and myself have been for some time looking for someone to sing to some of our material. We're just not getting any hits when it comes to folks that are singer/ song writers. In our case it basically drives one to write instrumentals. To me instrumentals take more thought and planning. The music has to tell the story. We might be driven to that moreso.

• The main thing I noticed right off the bat was that the guitars (and piano / orchestral instruments) in the first track don't occupy the stereo field and are panned left of center. In my opinion, the mix would greatly benefit from double tracked guitars panned left and right. The drums sound pretty good to my ears.

• The main thing I noticed right off the bat was that the guitars (and piano / orchestral instruments) in the first track don't occupy the stereo field and are panned left of center. In my opinion, the mix would greatly benefit from double tracked guitars panned left and right. The drums sound pretty good to my ears.

I totally agree. Leads keep center, but for the heavy rhythm parts, track them twice. Pan one hard left and the other hard right. It will sound so much more full and brutal!