KPA Toaster Leather Handle

• Anyone else concerned about the reliability of the leather strap on the toaster? I'm worried about such an expensive piece of equipment supported by what is a small piece of leather below the strap button.

P.

• Ive worked in leather for 40 years and judging by the thickness and close grain of the strap, one would have to seriously abuse it to have it break. Just dont try to swing it like Yngwie :D

• When the leather is at the "brittle" stage and is beginning to crack or the surface separate, I would say its almost beyond repair. What happens is that the cells that were filled with fat liquors and waxes in the tanning process have all but gone. That`s why its always a good idea over time to replenish the leather with a leather oil or equivalent. This especially pertains to vegetable tanned leather. Like the Toaster`s handle ( it appears veg tanned) ............. although with this as it would possibly be many moons before it needed restoration due to its lack of use ( picking up etc) I would say it should outlast most people. Not 100% sure if the toaster has a vegetable tanned or chrome tanned handle. Chrome would certainly last longer. Just my bit. Back to making toast now!

• I'm worried about such an expensive piece of equipment supported by what is a small piece of leather below the strap button.

I am worried too a little, but till now we get information only from one user, that his Kemper was falling due this straps.
    Kemper repaired with no extra cost.

• I truly think a better solution would be to have the strap say... 3/4 of the width of the sides at the sides and tapered to the original width at the carrying handle part on the top. The sides then can be attached perhaps with 2 studs side by side . I have the sinking feeling of it toppling over whenever I carry it around. The "wobble" would be less if this was done I imagine.

• I truly think a better solution would be to have the strap say... 3/4 of the width of the sides at the sides and tapered to the original width at the carrying handle part on the top. The sides then can be attached perhaps with 2 studs side by side . I have the sinking feeling of it toppling over whenever I carry it around. The "wobble" would be less if this was done I imagine.

I only ever lift it up by the handle, I then hold the actual KPA without the handle.

• Does anyone know why they went with this solution as opposed to a standard amp handle on the top? Is the metal case too thin to support a standard handle? Has anyone added a standard amp handle to their toaster?

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• Does anyone know why they went with this solution as opposed to a standard amp handle on the top? Is the metal case too thin to support a standard handle? Has anyone added a standard amp handle to their toaster?

The case is thick enough for sure, it's a tank like build..