Factory Content 5.0

• Hi everybody,

my first message here, so a newbie question for sure ^^ .

I've just bought my kemper, and I see there's a new OS (5.0). My question is: if I download and install on the Kemper the Factory Content 5.0, will I find this way in the kemper also the rigs of the Factory Content 4.2, the rig packs 01, 02, 04 the Amp Factory Rig Packs, and the Legacy RigPacks, all packs that I see downloadable in the Download page, OR are those completely different rigs?

Thanks!
    Alfredo

• generally, a few rigs of a rig pack will make it into the factory content, but usually not all of them.
    The factory content is constantly under review and changing. Putting in everything in would just create a somewhat bloated mass of sounds that would overwhelm especially newer users.

• Thanks Dan,

I understand, since my main worry now with the kemper is exactly this: to avoid to be overwhelmed by thousands of rigs...

So, more in general, what's you main suggestion to begin slowly, without confusion? Suppose I'm more into jazz, clean, fusion and acoustic sounds. What's the best way to begin? For instance, is there a way to stay away, in my kemper (or in the rig exchange) from the metal sounds, and stuff like that? :D

Alfredo

• Agreed, sort by gain. Also in my experience, my favorite sounds are ones Ive purchased from MBritt (google M Britt profiles) Im not a high gain guy, and he has some truly amazing sounding profiles ranging from straight clean vintage fenders, to screaming marshalls and dumbles...I highly reccommend the vintage fender pack, the marshall packs and the dumble packs.

• Ciao, Alfredo! Benvenuto!

I use Rig Manager to try all possible profiles I am interested in (from Rig Packs, etc.) and then,
    load into the Kemper the ones I like.

I agree with rshull07 about the MBritt profiles for lower gain and fusion tones.
    I think the D-PACK is ideal for those Robben Ford tones.
    Download MBritt's free trial pack on his website.
    I have never been disappointed in any of his profiles.

There is also a Polytone and Henriksen profile in the Rig Exchange if I remember correctly.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• +1 o on use of rig manager, I connect my laptop to my Kemper and it's such a useful tool to go through profiles easily and you don't need to load any on the Kemper itself, just keep them on your PC or Mac and drag on ones you like.

Sorting by gain level, favorites and you can rate them according to what you like.

So many profiles Rig Manager is a must.

• +1 o on use of rig manager, I connect my laptop to my Kemper and it's such a useful tool to go through profiles easily and you don't need to load any on the Kemper itself, just keep them on your PC or Mac and drag on ones you like.

Sorting by gain level, favorites and you can rate them according to what you like.

So many profiles Rig Manager is a must.

I agree, with so many profiles using the up and down arrows on the keyboard and then space bar to preview seems the quickest way.