Trio+ Setup

• Got a Trio + Yesterday, cause of the Price drop, i had a Trio for testing before, but didn't like it
    cause of the "crazy Bass" which plays way too much notes, but now you can clam him down , and this works good.
    I read all the threads bout plugging the Trio and the KPA together but didn't get it at least
    Could someone please explain me how to setup the Trio
    What i want is to loop Guitar in the Trio and than change the Sound of the KPA and make overdub with the next sound,
    i want to hear the recorded loops thru the KPA as well as the Band section of the Trio, in best Quality.
    Whats the best way to go ?
    Thanks all

• But if you want to get sound from the headphones of the Kemper, you'll have to send the signal back to the Kemper.

What I do (didn't try since a moment so I may be wrong, but it worked :) )
    Guitar --> Trio Input >> Fx Send --> Kemper Input >> FX Send (have to add a loop in the Kemper too) --> Trio Return and then mix the Amp out and Mixer out from the Trio (maybe I should use the headphones out here, but from the manual it may add some cab simulation) --> Return Input of the Kemper.

Then I have all the sound coming from the Kemper (I'm getting the sound from my soundcard, so I also send the Kemper out to the soundcard, but I guess the headphones output should work as well).

- The bad : all that is running before the loop in the Kemper will be in Mono, as the Trio+ is.
    And the looper used in the trio will be affected by all effects placed after this loop.

The good is I can still use the looper of the Tio+ while all the sound is coming from the Kemper.

• I use as follows - and yes the lack of stereo is a certain hurdle with the TRIO+:

guitar >> KPA >> Main out stereo to mixer (you could also use your headphone now directly at KPA.)
    KPA Monitor OUT >> TRio+ guitar in
    Trio+ headphone stereo out >> KPA stereo AUX in (this is the return and second input of the KPA that can be used as AUX in)

With this you can teach the TRIO+ and record also loops (they will be with mono effects). At least your improvising part on top of the band will be with full KPA stereo. As there is a slight interference when between the direct KPA output and the additional one that comes through the AUX in, I attached a A/B selector in front of the TRIO+ guitar in. When the TRIO+ is ready to go with drums, bass and loops I shut down the TRIO+ guitar in with this A/B selector and have full KPA sound quality.

I hope this is somehow understandable. Works for me and is certainly a compromise what is triggered through the lack of stereo capabilities of the TRIO

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

• What about to connect the Direct output of KPA (Set in output page 1/6 to Guit analog ) to the Trio Guitar-In and the Trio-Out to the auxiliary inputs of KPA .(see output master section in the reference manual)
    The guitar is connected Normal to Input.

I use this configuration (DI-out to an external device) for controlling the Vocalist.(analyzing harmonies)
    The output signal of the Trio should not content the guitar signal.

If Trio does not supply stereo maybe you need a signal splitter. I do not know what happened when KPA Aux-In get only a mono signal. (Perhabs it is intelligent enough to double the signal to both channel.)

• That is a good thought. However, with the Trio+ you want to record the loops with the sound from the KPA and with your proposal this is not feasible I guess.....

• with the Trio+ you want to record the loops with the sound from the KPA and with your proposal this is not feasible I guess....

I do not have a Trio. I was thinking to use the trio to simulate a band and the KPA is used as mixer for both signals. I did not consider the looper function.
    I think you are right, it would not work. If you use the looper function of the KPA I do not think that a guit-analog signal to controll the Trio is at direct output during looper mode.
    The KPA monitor out would deliver the guitar sound to Trio also in looper mode.

My experience with the Vocalist is, that a sound change disturb the function for analizing the harmonies. I should deliver always the same (presetted) signal level and a clean sound.

• So i tried all suggestions from this thread, and in conclusion, for using to record
    loops and hearing the Rhythm section of the trio +, the best solution is
    to put the KPA in the Loop of the trio, when finished you can use the Headphone out the
    Aux in of the KPA and unplug the KPA from the loop of trio
    then you have a playback with which you can play with and Rig in Stereo from the KPA.
    All other tries have not so good sounds cause the outs from trio have a Filter on it
    or you hear the guitar doubled when recording loops via trio Guit input and listening to the
    trio via Aux In from KPA.
    The next trio version should be able to mute the in coming Signal from the guitar from the Headphone out
    and the unit should be cmpl in stereo
    Thanks all

• that is why I use the A/B switch before the Trio input. When all is recorded I deactive the monitor input in to the Trio and hear just the good quality stereo from the KPA. I agree this is not ideal and in another version this should be stereo..... and having the possibility to add speaker sim on/off as needed... For me the TRIO+ is fun and I accept the fact that it is not perfect yet

• For me the TRIO+ is fun and I accept the fact that it is not perfect yet

Yep. I decided that it's great as a practice or songwriting tool, but not versatile enough for live performances.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer