Thinking about selling the Kemper

• Also, when using headphones, I use quite a bit of the space effect which makes the sound *much* better.

Headphone Space is the Jam ( haha)
    I have the Pioneer Dj 1500 something or another headphones I got in a raffle and they sound way different than my Beyerdynamics, it's good to switch it up sometimes.

• you killed me :)

I've heard some really killer tones out of it. Plus, if you're just sitting at home playing on your headphones anyway, why have anything but software? I don't see what Fractal or Helix would solve. I'd guess your complaint would end up being much the same.

• Sell it, bye axefx, regret! By a new kemper, and fall in love, I have 4 kids in the house, run my kemper through a Yamaha dxr8, on the lowest volume, sounds amazing, have a pair of great headphones, don't like it, feels like I'm having the speakers right in my ear. I think that if you want to buy something new and still want to use headphones, you will be disappointed. Anyway, it's up to you, good luck :) :)

Ronny

• Those sounds should be fairly easy to get with a EVH 5150, Pevey 6505 or Mesa Rectifier profile. Add an external distortion pedal like the Fulltone Fullbore (it will add a little more saturation) and use a humbucker guitar tuned down.

As a side, I don't like using headphones. I have purchased four sets and have never been truly happy that way. I personally use a Roland KC-350 and Mark Bass micromark 801 and it's awesome for home use. The Mark Bass makes it sound full at low volume.

• Beyerdynamic dt 880 pro

Hi Ale, this might be the problem. I bought DT880 and I was desperately trying to make them sound right with KPA. Nope! They will not. They do sound great for mixing and listening to mixed music. When listening to Ayreon albums I was able to hear each single instrument in the mix! Which I did not before. But for me playing guitar/KPA through DT880 simply sound terrible, harsh and fizzy. Now I use for playing KPA Koss Porta Pro and I like the sound of this combo very well. I would recommend you trying KPA with different headphones than DT880. DT880 are too neutral for KPA. Good for mixing bad for guitar. Try those Kosses, they cost around 30€. ;)

• My experience is the same. I thought Kemper would be perfect for low volume or headphones. When I listen to samples from profile providers on the net at low volume they sound grate if i play through my Kemper at same volume and use headphones or studio monitors its not the same at all. I really need to play loud to make my Kemper come to live. Sometimes I think its something wrong with my Kemper...
    I have tried it with many guitars Les Paul, Ibanez Fender with different pickups....
    Now I will get a powerful frfr pa speaker (Yamha DXR) and forget about playing at low volume.
    For me its seams to not work vell at low volume....

• My experience is the same. I thought Kemper would be perfect for low volume or headphones. When I listen to samples from profile providers on the net at low volume they sound grate if i play through my Kemper at same volume and use headphones or studio monitors its not the same at all. I really need to play loud to make my Kemper come to live. Sometimes I think its something wrong with my Kemper...
    I have tried it with many guitars Les Paul, Ibanez Fender with different pickups....
    Now I will get a powerful frfr pa speaker (Yamha DXR) and forget about playing at low volume.
    For me its seams to not work vell at low volume....

The reason for this is not the Kemper.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Hi Ale, this might be the problem. I bought DT880 and I was desperately trying to make them sound right with KPA. Nope! They will not. They do sound great for mixing and listening to mixed music. When listening to Ayreon albums I was able to hear each single instrument in the mix! Which I did not before. But for me playing guitar/KPA through DT880 simply sound terrible, harsh and fizzy. Now I use for playing KPA Koss Porta Pro and I like the sound of this combo very well. I would recommend you trying KPA with different headphones than DT880. DT880 are too neutral for KPA. Good for mixing bad for guitar. Try those Kosses, they cost around 30€. ;)

I don't agree. I use Kemper with DT880 Pro and I really enjoy the sound. Also, I don't think that there are many better solutions than the Kemper if someone only wants to play via headphones.
    However, trying different headphones could lead to a solution, even if I really like my DT880 Pros with the Kemper ;) Obviously, not everyone does.

• i don't think the headphones i own are a problEM. After all, on clean and crunch i get acceptable to good sounds. The problem is on high gain. They sound fizzy or too metal if you know what i mean..

• I have my profiler now over 15 months and till yet I never ever used a headphone..cant stand the "headphone-sound",actually I never could..I am very "fanatical" about this and I even advice my students not to practice with headphones for several reasons but rather with just the plain,unamplified electric guitar.

IMO..if you spend so much money for the profiler you should also consider that your environment has to be good enough to enjoy it with studio-or stage monitors.

• It depends.. Some profiles Sound better than others. Unfortunately i can play only through headphones so i want to find a way to make it work. For example there sre some profiles by top commercial vendors which are promising but sound like there is a blanket over the cab and i tried many ways in order to avoid this but without success. Whst do you do in situations like this?

• I am at the "bedroom thrasher " stage now ( as well?) and play through a 4 by 10 Laney cab and the difference between that and headphones ( with all the tweaks and the cab off etc) is really noticeable to my faded ears :) I don`t play loud but when I do it certainly beefs up the sound as Elvis the Awesome pointed out. Maybe before getting away from the Kemper perhaps see if you can borrow a cab (if you don`t have one) and give it a whirl. You might be surprised. Just remember that turning the cab off might help as well. After three years it would be a pity and to get it back might not be as easy as when you bought it. Just a thought..............

• I imagine how the kemper would sound more beefier and overall complex with a cab but when i play with my monitors i have to keep the volume really low and i hardly understand if the profile i am playing is a vox or marshall... I don't think a cab ( regular or flat response) would change this. In future my situation might change but at present i live in an apartment and i am forced to play mainly with head phones