Plugging Guitar into Remote?

• Does anyone know if you can plug your guitar or bass directly into on of the unused pedal ports on the Remote? I know it sounds strange, but some of the stages we play are rather deep, and I hate being tethered to the backline when I have a pedal board up front. If so, is there a specific setting I need to change in order to make this happen?

• I can't imagine this ever being a feature with the current KFC. There is no A/D convertor in the controller. The high impedance signal would have to travel through the remote cable causing a humming, buzzy mess of your sound.

Consider wireless.

• Have you thought about putting a tuner at your feet, like a TC Polytune or similar? That way you run direct to that, it can be useful and then you can run from there to your backline.

As a new Kemper owner I am thinking of doing this for the same reason you mention.

• Have you thought about putting a tuner at your feet, like a TC Polytune or similar? That way you run direct to that, it can be useful and then you can run from there to your backline.

As a new Kemper owner I am thinking of doing this for the same reason you mention.

I am using the Shure Wireless GLX-D - best of both worlds - a great Guitar Tuner and Digital Wireless - so you are able to do both

• I also use a wireless unit for this, it's goes into the second input on the back of the Kemper. This way I avoid needing (extra) power on my pedalboard (that only features the Remote and a Mission Engineering controller pedal)...

• I also use a wireless unit for this, it's goes into the second input on the back of the Kemper. This way I avoid needing (extra) power on my pedalboard (that only features the Remote and a Mission Engineering controller pedal)...

You might want to compare the rear input with the one on the front. A number of people have, and concluded that the front input is superior, sound-wise.

• You might want to compare the rear input with the one on the front. A number of people have, and concluded that the front input is superior, sound-wise.

It says so in the manual as well, that the rear input has potential for a bit more noise.

• That is true! But it's a compromise I do on stage since there is no cable that goes to the KPA except the one from the remote AND there's no cable that can be ripped out from the front of the KPA. I like it super clean... :)
    In the studio I use the front input.

• I can't imagine this ever being a feature with the current KFC. There is no A/D convertor in the controller. The high impedance signal would have to travel through the remote cable causing a humming, buzzy mess of your sound.

Current KFC, nope. But a simple enhancement would be to convert to low-Z at the Kemper remote like this > Radial SGI

and then run the signal down the same network cable (haven't looked at the pinout but presumably there are a few wires free). I have a few devices in the studio that use standard network cables/jacks for analog audio and they seem to work fine, for example the Furman HDS-6 headphone distribution, etc....

Note that this is also NOT doing any A/D/A conversion so should not add latency. Not sure people would want to pay for the added weight/cost but it IS technically feasible in a next-gen KFC.

There are also things like Dante/RedNet/AoE where you could do it with low latency digital, but that seems like way overkill for this application.