Getting clicks and pops with Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen

• Reason I'm posting back? My (non-clicking system) in Studio One also shows that 32 bit depth. It's bit depth, not sample size and it's to do with the internal engine on Studio One I believe. I cannot actually seem to change this from 32 on my system. Thought I'd mention that before the OP spends hours trying to figure out how to turn that off!!

If you click on the Song setup" button, you can change the bit depth for the particular project. My default is set at 24 bits, even if the one under the preferences (as shown in the screenshot above) is set to 32 bits ( which I assume is for the internal mix engine).

Something to check at least :)

• Yeah, I do have it at 24bit. Studio One's just weird that way, but after playing around with other DAWs for a bit I've found there's definitely something wrong with the Focusrite. It's not just Studio One.
    After a while it seems to lose sync or something, because the audio will cut out and I'll hear a steady clicking. I have to power cycle the 6i6 to get it working again. This is with 3 different DAWs.
    I have a chat window open with Focusrite, but it's been an hour I've been on hold and haven't been connected to an agent yet. EDIT: And I was just disconnected. Shows chat is offline now. Wonderful.

@Ramjam, haven't tried Mixcraft. I did just download the Bitwig demo to test out, which feels a bit toyish.

• I also thought it a bit that way in the old days but I now believe it is software that is easy to use and does EVERYTHING that all the others Ive tried do and the help is very good. I got truly freaked out by the complexities of some DAWS that I tried in the past . My question was always about why they make it so difficult to move around in..............Just my experience though.

• Hi, try disconnecting the device and uninstalling the drivers, then, reinstall the drivers, then reconnect the device. Some times helps because there can be problems with Focusrite devices if you keep them on while installing drivers. Also, try changing USB port.

Also, in the Focusrite control panel set ASIO to "recording".

I also have a bug that I reported to Focusrite whereby if I turn the Kemper off I will lose audio of my 18i20 when connected via spdif. Works fine otherwise, though.