Anyone tried stereo combo,s to power the KPA?

• Im still deciding on what to use to power my KPA live.

I definitely am not going for an frfr solution, i tried most of the recommended ones on this forum, and a couple of others, didnt give me the "amp in the room feel" im looking for, so frfr is just not for me.

I got amazing results with 2 cheap ass st amps: Boss kantana and fender champion 100.
    I also tried number of high end valve amps, some how solide state amps seem to do better with the KPA..at least in my ears.
    Next i wanna try is a stereo st amp....stereo effects on stage would be great.
    I tried a jc 120, that was pretty good, but somehow sounded compressed to me.

Now im looking into other stereo amps that have stereo return loops.
    Some older, like fender chorus amps, but maybe even line 6 combo's that have a stereo return.

Did anyone try anything like this and wants to share the results?

Regards,

J

• What I can really recommend is getting 2 of the Bugera AC60 combos for stereo. Around 6 kg of weight, very small and broad band speaker so that you can still use the CAB part of the KPA. For me it sounds very "amp-like". Give it a try..

• The power chorus i went for not ok, so proceded my search.
    I got me a second hand mustang 4, and stumbled on a small and very light 90"s ART stereo amp with 2 10" speakers.

Havent gigged with them yet, so only tested at home.
    The mustang sounds very convincing, handles volume well, sounds open, maybe compresses a little more then i would prefer, i guess giging with it will be the final test. More then confident to take it with me!

The ART set me back 50,-...and its a keeper. Very very light(Carbon cab), you can tilt it to a monitor position, and sounds pretty ok. So perfect as a rehearsel amp, i would even be comfortable trying it on a gig.

• What I can really recommend is getting 2 of the Bugera AC60 combos for stereo. Around 6 kg of weight, very small and broad band speaker so that you can still use the CAB part of the KPA. For me it sounds very "amp-like". Give it a try..

Do you have experience with the bugera in a live situation? Is it loud enough with a drummer?