Xvive Wireless Review

• Unlike many here, I went forward and pulled the trigger to get the Xvive wireless unit.

My selection criteria was based getting something to:
    1: Take advantage of today's technology. 2.4 Gz wireless
    2: Being robust enough for field use
    3: Being able to recharge/use with the least amount of tension/anxiety
    4: Guards against signal dropouts / interference

After some time with them and a live performance behind me, I'm comfortable submitting a successful review of these units.

The first point I'll mention is this product with it's small design, is a bit of a "double edged sword"
    Meaning it's small package unit size having the obvious advantage of compact size, but some may find it somewhat challenging to work with.
    Or even risk loosing the required charging attachment. (I'll discuss my solution a little further on)

Frequency-wise, I've experienced zero drop-out/interference issues using these units.

They have also worked with several different guitar styles with no issues what-so-ever.

Some similar reviews cite the tone actually getting brighter since these work over the same upper band 2.4 Gz frequency.
    (The best physical cables have an internal resistance by design, which will always result in a duller sound)
    A simple tone EQ roll-off compensates for this condition if it concerns you.

FWIW - Keeping these little muchkins together can be a task since they're so small.

So, here's what I did and you're more than welcome to adopt something similar should you choose.

Beware that both the transmitter and receiver look and feel alike!
    I resolved to simply label identify the back of the Receiver and leave it in the Input jack of the Kemper. (My SKB rack cover fits and protects)

The Transmitter fits all my guitars with no physical/sonic interference. So when done, (turned off) I plug the Transmitter into my Kemper headphone.

Now, the Xvive comes with this dinky little Y cable in order to recharge both units simultaneously.
    The promoted idea is do this on a computer (which you can always do) but my preference was to keep everything together when needed.

So I used an AC USB module which I have now dedicated into an AC port of my rack power conditioner.
    Next in order to always have the Y cable when/where I needed it, I grabbed an old "flip phone" belt carrier I had hanging around.
    (Any similar sized folding/locking container of the like will do: Flip Jewelry box, etc)
    I then used double-sided tape to secure the phone carrier to the inside front of my SKB cover.

Now, if I have to charge or check charge of the unit before any event, I have everything handy in order to do so.

Moreover, should I change guitars for different events, I needn't concern myself where all the components are.

All-in-all
    It's a great little wireless solution which suits me fine.

Xvive Rack Set up

• I bought one of these and sent it right back. It was dropping out sporadically, even when I was close to the receiver. Maybe I got a dud, but I won't try another one ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thx for reviewing, I'm considering this too. Seems people got different results with it though.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• All these 2.4ghz systems seem to have complaints about dropouts. My experience is that they are fine in most situations, but troublesome whenever I try to play a somewhere like a festival. The airwaves are jam-packed with all sorts of wireless activity and the range becomes very limited.

My old Sennheiser Evolution never had problems, although it is probably illegal after by now.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I wish there was a decent bug type system digitally based that was reliable and tough.

I was lookign at the xvive but seen a few too many issues to dare to pull the trigger.

I like my Samson Ar300 but it seems to have disappeared from sale ?? I got over the battery issue by using li-ion AA rechargables...yes Li-ion. They are brilliant, maintain 1.5v right up to the point of full discharge!

Hopefully the perfect wireless system will appear soon...