Dimension C or D chorus effect

• Quod erat demonstrandum...
    Keep your cool my friend... and get us that CE-2 setting whilst you're at it

• I think anyone who has been in a studio, and has used a Kemper, understands that writing down some preset settings would be very easy to do in a very short amount of time. To say otherwise is hilarious. If you were REALLY busy, you have to find the time, which would mean it's a priority...and clearly this is not.

Usually on the internet, when these kind of claims are made and then repeatedly not supported, even after many commitments to do so, the person is not being forthright, and usually just attention seeking. Maybe you're being 100% honest. If so, you should be able to see how this reads like a tale as old as the internet...or middle school.

Your posts are kind of strange. No big deal. But someone suggesting (pretty respectfully imo, he didn't even judge, we all lie) that you may not have told the whole truth, is hardly grounds to get upset enough to threaten them with physical harm if they have the misfortune to cross your path...and I can't even see what the mod deleted! Take a chill pill dude, we like it easy-going here.

Edit: I see a small chill pill has been administered by the mods.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

Edited once, last by Locrain ().

• That's too bad man. Never called for.

OT: I am really not that familiar with the specific chorus types we're talking about here. There is something I don't like about a regular chorus, maybe I would like one of these. Would anyone recommend a song or two that really shows the characteristics of each?

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Don't know a song, but I can tell you that back in my band days the Dimension C pedal, which had 4 buttons and no other controls (just the 4 presets, starting "light" and ending in the "wettest"), was favoured by the best guitarist I worked with. I loved it too.

It's a "less-intrusive", "more-spready" sort of sound. Cleans things up, you could say. Even works well on distorted tones 'cause it doesn't mush 'em up like the CE-2 did.

• Sounds just like what I'd want out of a chorus.

• You can select multiple buttons simultaneously for more variety on this one, plus it's a third cheaper then the DC-2. It's not quite the same as the original but it'd do for now. I think I would still buy the Boss if I really wanted one. Apparently its a tone sucker so you'd want to run it through a true bypass single loop pedal to engage/disengage.

I have a CE-2 that I haven't used in ages. I spilled beer on it years ago and then it was buggin' out! I'll dig it out and see if it works still haha :/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think anyone who has been in a studio, and has used a Kemper, understands that writing down some preset settings would be very easy to do in a very short amount of time. To say otherwise is hilarious. If you were REALLY busy, you have to find the time, which would mean it's a priority...and clearly this is not.

what about just taking a couple of pictures with the settings? That would be 30 seconds and keep people quiet:-)

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I got pretty close to the CE-2 sound (I used to own one) by using the vintage chorus and approximating the rate at 10 o'clock and the depth at 2 o'clock setting I used to use. I'd still like to hear your take on it sometime telelogic, but no hurry, no worries.

Indeed, that's 'exactly' how I set it too. Vintage chorus at ten to & ten past. :) It sounds quite superb. Boss, Line 6 Helix, and now my Kemper. All very similar chorus sounds. Love that effect.

• These chorus reminds me the Rockman stereo chorus from XP100 and it is very cool

i have a Neo Clone from EHX and it is very clear sounding and also the rotovibe from dunlop can do good sounds

in the rig manager there is some clear rockman and rockman sustainor presets with very good chorus within...

You can select multiple buttons simultaneously for more variety on this one, plus it's a third cheaper then the DC-2. It's not quite the same as the original but it'd do for now. I think I would still buy the Boss if I really wanted one. Apparently its a tone sucker so you'd want to run it through a true bypass single loop pedal to engage/disengage.

I have a CE-2 that I haven't used in ages. I spilled beer on it years ago and then it was buggin' out! I'll dig it out and see if it works still haha :/

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

cool video, some moments seems like a chorus + flanger (both analog) awesome effects from very old pedals that still very usable nowadays

• I don't know why the talk of the CE-2. like other older analog choruses, its just a subtle smooth chorus, but not the same as the Dimension effect. The dimension doesn't have that chorus 'swoosh' at all, and sound like you in another dimension if in stereo. ;) The original Dimension D from the old manual has it on the tail end of all effects, so It was more for studio overall I think, but just happened to sound great with guitar so they made a pedal? When it came out in 1985, I didn't know what the hell it was, so I bought it to find out. It was around $145 back then. Amazing for clean guitar, terrible for distorted guitar. Also really good for keys. Anyway, everybody has chorus, Kemper would be more unique to offer the unusual effects to be different!

• Boss just re-released the Dimension (Waza)!

I still would like it implemented in the Kemper. Not big effect user, but Dimension is pretty much on every other record released in 80s and 90s :) Sounds amazing, still.