Dimension C or D chorus effect

• Thanks I will try that.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• From the schematics it looks like C or D is double CE-1 chorus. CE-1 used one delay line modulated and one dry to create stereo effect. Dimension C or D is using two independent delay lines for left and right channels. Should be easy to create such preset with Hyper Chorus or Air Chorus.

Air Chorus

The Air Chorus is a subtle kind of chorus, as it doesn’t mix the direct sound with the processed signal; instead, it modulates the pitch of the left and right sides of the signal independently from each other.

Hyper Chorus

The Hyper Chorus is probably one of the most complex choruses ever made; it is a six-voice chorus with up to three delay lines for both the left and right sides.

• From the schematics it looks like C or D is double CE-1 chorus. CE-1 used one delay line modulated and one dry to create stereo effect. Dimension C or D is using two independent delay lines for left and right channels. Should be easy to create such preset with Hyper Chorus or Air Chorus.

Would be great if we could do that and I'd love to try your preset:-).

To me the Dimension C pedal added a great tonality to guitars on top of the transparent chorus. Setting 2 is about best when I had the pedal.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I don't have this pedal(s) but if you could post your dry track and processed track with your pedal we(I) could work to replicate this.

Sometimes sentiment makes something in our memory sound better. But is this true? It is worth to confront it sometimes.

I'm not saying that this is the case but I'm catching myself on similar situations.

That's why it's best to confront it with objective recordings.

• I don't have this pedal(s) but if you could post your dry track and processed track with your pedal we(I) could work to replicate this.

Sometimes sentiment makes something in our memory sound better. But is this true? It is worth to confront it sometimes.

I'm not saying that this is the case but I'm catching myself on similar situations.

You are right that sometimes the memory plays tricks, but there are good demos of the new version online that are as I remember. Sadly I don't have the analogue multitracks any longer when I owned the original. I foolishly chopped it in when I got a Quadraverb.

Karl

is this good? dimension C thread

• 6 only....for kiddies.., my old rocktron intellifex had a 8-Voice chorus, smooth and soft as Melting butter !8)

That's what I thought until I recently dug mine out; have another listen and it is quite thin really. The Quadraverb and TC G Major were better.

Karl

• There is nothing like the dimension effect, not even Rocktron gear, had all of that years ago when it all first came out. It's subtle effect is great for clean, great if you don't like the swoosh of a chorus.

• at best, put a chorus on your post-amp effects. Edit: the Monarchy chorus (vintage chorus) preset gets you pretty close:

1.6 rate to 2.4

max depth

min crossover

max mix

I'd like to see a good Dimension D added too.

I have a Line 6 MM4 that does a pretty good Dimension D. Your other options are Boss DC-2W Waza Craft Dimension C, Strymon Mobius. As far as plugins go, UA has a Dimension D that's supposed to sound really good, ValhallaUberMod sounds great. Klark Teknik just unveiled a rack recreation of the original hardware.

I could do a blind comparison of all the ones I have access to if anyone's interested: Kemper's best imitation vs Line 6 MM4 vs UberMod.

Edited 5 times, last by jtn191 ().

• at best, put a chorus on your post-amp effects. I'd like to see a good Dimension D added too.

I have a Line 6 MM4 that does a pretty good Dimension D. Your other options are Boss DC-2W Waza Craft Dimension C, Strymon Mobius. As far as plugins go, UA has a Dimension D that's supposed to sound really good, ValhallaUberMod sounds really good. Klark Teknik just unveiled a rack recreation of the original hardware.

I could do a blind comparison of all the ones I have access to if anyone's interested: Kemper's best imitation vs Line 6 MM4 vs UberMod

UA used to have a Dimension D. It's not available anymore. I guess they licensed it for a certain years only. The only one's that can still use it is those that still use old UA internal cards. I used to have one such card and it's one of few plugins I miss.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• UA used to have a Dimension D. It's not available anymore. I guess they licensed it for a certain years only. The only one's that can still use it is those that still use old UA internal cards. I used to have one such card and it's one of few plugins I miss.

They just changed the name:

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plu…tion/studio-d-chorus.html

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I had a Dimension C pedal in the late '80s when it first came out for my bass rig. Loved it. The D that followed was good too, however IMHO the best chorus I've heard is the one built into the ISP Theta Pro DSP modelling unit.

Honestly, the chorus in that thing's in a league of its own.

• looks like the ISP Theta Pro has a 4 voice chorus.

Reading more about the Dimension D, part of it's sound is apparently due to:

-Trapezoidal LFO shapes chorus tone which further adds psychoacoustic effects

-Built-in compressor expander