Cabinet Volume Option?

• In former Versions there were (beneath som other) a volume setting in the ampsection and in the cab section.
    In one of the last versions one setting was canceled because they obviuosly did the same.

With the update the new amp volume setting is corrected automatically during update to the former sum of that values.
    So the corrected volume should be the same as it was with the former 2 setted values.
    So in my opinion there should no need for any further actions due this aspekt. It should be a same result as it was before update.

The only thing is that I am not quite sure if this is true, because I did not try it. I just think that I have read about.
    If you find a difference than forget my lines.

General it is the job for all of us to make a volume balance for all rigs.
    This can be done in one or more stomps (if senseful), with the Rigvolume and/or with an output preset related to a Rig.

• A volume control in the “amp” block is not the same as having it in the “cab” block.

In the “cab” block the value of the volume control will only become relevant when “cab” is active.

In my case I can get even levels between my clean and drive profiles when going to F.O.H. No problem so far. When I then connect my guitar cabinet to the power amp and turn “cab” off on monitor I end up with a to loud clean sound. I can’t have it both ways.

So the only option is to downgrade then?

• In the “cab” block the value of the volume control will only become relevant when “cab” is active.

In my case I can get even levels between my clean and drive profiles when going to F.O.H. No problem so far. When I then connect my guitar cabinet to the power amp and turn “cab” off on monitor I end up with a to loud clean sound. I can’t have it both ways.

So the only option is to downgrade then?

You can make an output preset which is a part of the rig, here you can adjust individually Main Volume, Monitor Volume , Direct Volume and Head phone. you can also link the th individual setting to the Master Volume knob.
    Press Output knob and store the preset with another name for orientation.
    An advice to downgrade is not senseful, because you have all possibilities to do everything..

The effort to write here is more than the neccessary tweak for 4 Rigs ^^

• That doesn’t help me when the signal is going to F.O.H. and my guitar cabinet at the same time, does it?

Why not plug in amp for the guitar cabinet at the monitor output? Then you'de have possibilties for different setting.
    How is your routing?

• Why not plug in amp for the guitar cabinet at the monitor output? Then you'de have possibilties for different setting.How is your routing?

Finally back from work and able to concentrate on the problem.

What do you mean by “output preset”?

First of. I’ve got the Powered Toaster and Kemper remote.

I plug my guitar in to the front of the Kemper.
    “Monitor” is going to the built in power amp, and is in its turn then feeding my guitar cabinet. This output is of course set to be WITHOUT cabinet simulation.
    Further on I’m also using headphones and sending a stereo signal to F.O.H. These outputs are WITH cabinet simulation.

If I balance the levels between my rigs when listening to my headphones it will be unbalanced when playing it through my guitar cabinet and vice versa.

Earlier, when there was a volume control in the “cab” module it was easy to fix this balance problem. The way it is now it ends being unbalanced either in the “Monitor” out (no cab) or in the “main/headphones” out (with cab). Can’t seem to find a way to make it work both ways at the same time.

• There has always been one unique volume parameter in the Stack Section. In the beginning it used to reside in the Cabinet Module. We migrated this same parameter into the Amp Module, when we introduced Direct Profiles, which have no cabinet by definition. We wanted to make this parameter available for every type of Profile. The values were maintained so that there were no sound nor volume changes affecting any Rigs. So, just one parameter which moved from one Module into another one.

If you want to balance the volume of FOH with cabinet simulation and physical guitar cabinet on stage without cabinet simulation you should do that using the output volumes, which are global by definition. Adjust the level of Main Output Volume versus Monitor Output Volume once. No need to adjust and store every Rig. This is what output volumes are here for.

• There has always been one unique volume parameter in the Stack Section. In the beginning it used to reside in the Cabinet Module. We migrated this same parameter into the Amp Module, when we introduced Direct Profiles, which have no cabinet by definition. We wanted to make this parameter available for every type of Profile. The values were maintained so that there were no sound nor volume changes affecting any Rigs. So, just one parameter which moved from one Module into another one.

If you want to balance the volume of FOH with cabinet simulation and physical guitar cabinet on stage without cabinet simulation you should do that using the output volumes, which are global by definition. Adjust the level of Main Output Volume versus Monitor Output Volume once. No need to adjust and store every Rig. This is what output volumes are here for.

Am I seriously the only one who has encountered this problem?

Try to follow me.

I’ve made 4 studio profiles and 4 direct profiles of my 4 basic sounds in my normal tube amp rig.
    I’ve done all profiling with my original sound in balance and on the overall level that I would normally play live.
    Then I’ve merged the profiles so that I’m left with 4 merged profiles.

Then I’ve set clean sens, using my headphones, to a level where my clean and drive sounds are in balance.
    This part works perfectly.

Then I connect my guitar cabinet and turn off the cabinet simulation just for the “Monitor” output.
    When I listen through the same presets again, this time through my guitar cabinet and WITHOUT cabinet simulation, the clean preset is much louder than the drive presets.

Any level change I do within the preset/performance slot will affect all outputs and thus not helping me.
    Any level change I do in the output section will affect all the presets/performance slots and thus not helping me.

A volume parameter in the “Cab” module will affect only the outputs using the cabinet simulation and also only that specific preset.
    Thus solving my problem.

• Then I’ve set clean sens, using my headphones, to a level where my clean and drive sounds are in balance.
    This part works perfectly.

Then I connect my guitar cabinet and turn off the cabinet simulation just for the “Monitor” output.
    When I listen through the same presets again, this time through my guitar cabinet and WITHOUT cabinet simulation, the clean preset is much louder than the drive presets.

I think you need to adjust your clean sens while playing through your cab instead of headphones.

A volume parameter in the “Cab” module will affect only the outputs using the cabinet simulation and also only that specific preset.
    Thus solving my problem.

I think what Burhard is saying is that there was never any difference between the cab and amp volume - they were identical controls for the same parameter, and thus would make no difference for your scenario. @Burkhard, can you confirm this?

• Seriously? It really doesn’t matter if I adjust clean sens with headphones or cabinet.

THE DIFFERENCE IN VOLUME IS BETWEEN “CAB” ON OR “CAB” OFF!!!!!
    This makes it impossible to balance the rig levels when using both guitar cabinet and direct out at the same time.

When there was a volume parameter in the “Cab” module it worked.

In how many ways do I have to say this before anyone understands what I’m talking about?

• @satriauli, With all due respect to you and your issue, I'm finding your tone to be both ungrateful and somewhat aggressive. From what I can tell, there are people out there doing their best to help you.

Not ONCE have you thanked them for their time.

I suggest that you calm down, take a deep breath and find a better way to resolve the issues at hand without alienating those that are offering advice.

• The User is having a problem that no one else has also reported experiencing in the Users posts, at this point.

@satriaulie may be frustrated because people have made the same suggestions many times, in three different threads about this issue.

Clean Sense is not a solution.

Sending Main Out to FOH and Speaker Out to guitar Cab is not a solution.

Using Cab Volume was a solution. That option is no longer available.

Here is a wild, wild guess:
    Something about the amount of the volume difference of the clean direct amp profile vs. the distorted amp profiles is causing this issue. If the clean direct profile is very loud compared to the gain direct profiles, small volume adjustments to the “no Cabinet” version of the amp will be very loud onstage. But, the Merged Profiles (created along with the Auto-Volume leveled Studio Profiles) sent to FOH do not have the same extreme volume changes as the onstage Direct Amp Profile.

• Thank you Paults!
    Just knowing someone understand is a good help.

So what du you suggest should be my next step in trying to resolve this problem?
    I can’t seem to find a solution in the current software.
    So downgrade is an option of course, but is there a way to ensure even levels in the profiling process?
    I mean, I can always make new profiles.

To all others that have tried to help. Thank you for the effort! I apologise getting frustrated.
    English is not my main language, so it takes quite a bit of energy to try to explain something that is so simple to say in Norwegian.

• I have a suggestion that does not require making new profiles.

Try this:

Save several copies of your clean rig with different Rig Volume settings - some quieter than your current rig, and some louder than your current rig.

Adjust the Amp Volume parameter on each Rig to make each rig Sound as loud as the original rig. (Or, as close as possible).

Although each Merged rig will have a similar volume in FOH, I *think* you will hear different volumes in your Monitor with each Direct Amplifier Rig.

If I am correct, you will be able to adjust Rig Volume and Amp Volume to get the exact FOH/Monitor Volume balance you need.

Try it, and let us know if it works :)

• Thank you!
    I’m sceptical, but I’ll give it a try.

• I think I understand now! Since the cab volume migrated to stack, it will no longer just effect the output with the cab sim on! With the volume in the amp section, it effects both outputs, as their is no option to turn the 'amp' off (which would be pointless!) Can't help with a solution though, sorry!

• If you are experiencing such a different balance of clean sounds versus distorted sounds on your guitar cabinet versus FOH and don't find an acceptable average Clean Sens setting for both applications, the only real solution might be using a full-range cabinet on stage.

The Cabinet Volume as it existed, did also impact the sound of the Monitor Output and internal power amp even while "Monitor Cab. Off" had been activated. So, Cabinet Volume was never a solution for the issue you are describing. Or you could use Amplifier Volume as it is, would have the same effect as with the earlier Cabinet Volume, and unfortunately no solution for your issue.

I don't remember, this issue has ever been reported before. Any software enhancement we could think off would add a lot of complexity and potential user confusion. Any additional parameter and option is always a trade-off. We also want to keep Rigs universal and compatible to any user environments. Output specific settings stored in Rigs would compromise this compatibility.

• As expected this did not solve the problem, but at least I tried.

I can’t see any other logical solution than to have a level parameter in the “Cab” module.

So is there a way to fix this when creating the profile?

Hello satriaulie! I came here looking for the exact answer you were looking for. Did you solve?

This is what i understood :

1 - the CAB section level was NOT a solution, because it wasn't a real cab level! I imagine that when you import external IRs in Kemper, the machine somewhat normalizes it to get to unity gain, so ours is a problem that shouldn't be, but IT IS

2 - Cab hasn't volume because it is intended as unity gain. But amps does have frequencies and in the end different eqs ends in different perceived volume so it is NECESSARY something to balance volumes both in FOH and to the guitar speaker

3 - Especially now that Kemper sells Kabinets, so they're saying "Go on people, use a real cabinet!" how is it possible that there isn't a way to manage IR and IRNOT volumes? :D