Nrpn mapping value of new delays

• Hi, I cannot find the midi mapping values of the new delays... or better, i have found that the value 5 corresponds to the new serial delay but what about the other delay types?

• I've wrote a message to the support team because the new delay types haven't got a "type number" assigned, with the exception of the "Serial TwoTap Delay" that you have mentioned. After a process of try and error I've found that those are the Type numbers assigned to each effect:

• WHA WHA
    • WHA LOW PASS
    • WHA HIGH PASS
    • WHA VOWEL FILTER
    • SERIAL TWO TAP DELAY
    • WHA PHASER
    • WHA FLANGER
    • WHA RATE REDUCER
    • WHA RING MODULATOR
    • WHA FREQ SHIFTER
    • PEDAL PITCH
    • WHA FORMANT SHIFT
    • PEDAL VINYL STOP
    • WHA FLANGER
    • WHA RATE REDUCER
    • WHA RING MODULATOR
    • BIT SHAPER
    • RECTI SHAPER
    • SOFT SHAPER
    • HARD SHAPER
    • WAVE SHAPER
    • HARD SHAPER
    • WAVE SHAPER
    • GREEN SCREAM
    • PLUS DS
    • ONE DS
    • MUFFIN
    • MOUSE
    • FUZZ DS
    • METAL DS
    • TREBLE BOOSTER
    • LEAD BOOSTER
    • GREEN SCREAM
    • PLUS DS
    • ONE DS
    • MUFFIN
    • MOUSE
    • FUZZ DS
    • METAL DS
    • NOISE 2:1
    • NOISE GATE 4:1
    • VINTAGE CHORUS
    • AIR CHORUS
    • MICRO PITCH
    • VIBRATO
    • ROTARY SPEAKER
    • TREMOLO
    • COMPRESSOR
    • PHASER VIVE
    • PHASER ONEWAY
    • FLANGER
    • FLANGER ONEWAY
    • SPACE
    • TRANSPOSE
    • PEDAL PITCH
    • NOISE GATE 2:1
    • NOISE GATE 4:1
    • HARMONIC PITCH
    • ANALOG OCTAVER
    • LOOP MONO
    • LOOP STEREO
    • LOOP DISTORTION
    • VINTAGE CHORUS
    • HYPER CHORUS
    • AIR CHORUS
    • VIBRATO
    • ROTARY SPEAKER
    • TREMOLO
    • MICRO PITCH
    • LOOP DISTORTION

As you can see, the effects are not properly ordered in any way, some effects are duplicated and the delays don't appear.

Anyway, let me know what do you want to do and I'll try to help you with the solution I've found.

• Thank You for Your reply! My idea was to recall the different delay types with NRPN, obviously this will not be possible untill each delay will have his own value nr. assigned. I know the alternative would be to duplicate a rig with different delay models, even if I don't like that much this solution.

• Thank You for Your reply! My idea was to recall the different delay types with NRPN, obviously this will not be possible untill each delay will have his own value nr. assigned. I know the alternative would be to duplicate a rig with different delay models, even if I don't like that much this solution.

No, you can do it, if what you want is to have something like "delay presets", like in a normal delay stomp like the Line6 DL4 or the TC Electronics Flashback x4, but it is a litte bit tricky and you will need to send a lot of command lines (4 for each NRPN parameter) or use a bunch of SysEx messages.

Lets suppose you want an 1/8 delay with modulation, a 1/4 digital type delay for distorted lead sound and a shimmer type delay. You don't need to change the delay type to have different sounding delays on each preset but you do need to select a delay type with whom you can replicate all those three delay sounds. In this example, you should select the Dual Crystal Delay, send the necessary value to program the parameters you want and ALSO 0 value to make inactive the parameters that you don't need (I hope I'm explaining myself more or less properly).

So, to make it sound like a 1/8 delay you need to send the parameters you want (mix, note value 1&2, feedback, whatever) and also the parameters that will be out of the 1/8 delay sound like "crystal mix" or any other parameter that you don't want to be active and it's within the selected delay type.

Have you understand anything?

• If I understood You propose to change the desidered paramaters via NRPN keeping the same delay model.... and that's a great idea to create presets! I will try for sure.
    Only one point in Your message is not clear to me: I don't think it is necessary to sent the 0 value for the parameter You don't want to change... it should be enough to send the correct value for th parameter You intend to modify, according to the values stated in the Kemper midi documentation.
    You can also use 3 cc instead of 4 sending cc119 replacing cc06 and cc38: in this case You will send a 7 bit value NRPN.

• Yeah, that's it!

But yes, yo do have to send 0 value for example if you want to change a shimmer type delay to a 1/8 delay because you have to take off the pitch related parameters used by the shimmer.