Best drum software?

• ... and your verdict?

I'm pretty happy with it, MM. It took a bit of sleuthing to chart out the full extent of its signal flow diagram (it's mixer & FX routing are surprisingly capable, but not well documented) but there's a lot to like and the samples are 24-bit.

Recommend the Fairfax Vol. 1 kit for beefy rock tracks, which I may have mentioned before - the product is kind of "prosumer" in that it tries to hit a spot that's deeper than a noob product while being easy to use with convenient workflow.

• I bought EZ Drummer 2 2 weeks ago here is my opinion:
    It sounds way better than the packs that came with Cubase Elements 8 (Groove Agent SE4).
    I love the Tap 2 Find feature. It is just so simple to find good beats. But I 'had' to buy some Midipacks to get more grooves.
    The only thing that annoys me is that you can't change the meter inside the program inside a Song. So if you have a Song which changes from 4/4 to 7/8 or something like that the Miditimeline within the Program becomes rather useless. But because you can just drag and drop the midi files into your DAW it isn't that bad. Maybe changing meters isn't seen as something an EZ software should be capable of :D

• May be a daft question, but I'm going to ask anyway ;)

Is there any Drum software that can "listen" to a song and then replicate the drum track, or at least, determine where all the drum beats fall to make track creation easier?

Is there any Drum software that can "listen" to a song and then replicate the drum track, or at least, determine where all the drum beats fall to make track creation easier?

The Drummer tracks in Logic Pro X has this "follow track" feature :) (and it's not much more expensive than some of the drum plugins - and cheaper even than some others) I think maybe Rayzoon's Jamstix plugin can do the same, but it's such a cumbersome interface in my opinion. Apart from those EZDrummer 2 comes closest with it's tab2find feature, I think - but it's not the same.

• For EZ Drummer, there is a special offer these days: you get on library for free.
    What would you say, which additional library is good for rock/pop?

Edited once, last by music ().

• For EZ Drummer, there is a special offer these days: you get on library for free.
    What would you say, which additional library is goog for rock/pop?

Just don't get the one labeled Rock/Pop if you want new sounds. Those are the liberties of EZ Drummer 1. They are not bad but sound not so good in comparison to the other ezx.
    You get all the Midi of EZ1 with them though so that's nice.
    I think you just have to listen to the material that is online. I own the Progressive EZX and the Post-Rock and I like both of em. But the normal 2 kits included are in my opinion very good as well.
    I think the Toontrackstuff in general is nice to browse through online.
    Hope you find what you're looking for :)

• Here's a short demo of a BFD3 kit. I bought a copy and like it quite a bit.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Superior Drummer + Progressive Foundry and the GGD / Get good drums by Nolly imo

Yes, it's called Trigger by Slate.

BUT the caveat is drum tracks need to be multitrack, not all on the same track, otherwise it can't identify all the individual "triggers".

So if you had recorded properly (multitracking drums) then this is golden. If not, you are SOL.

The ONLY way at that point, was to have recorded in your DAW to a very firm BPM, not just dropped some drum track time independent signature to the DAW. IF so, then you can easily just drop any MIDI drum and it will match that BPM.

So here are the key things to do in the future:
    1) Record every part of the drum separately (Kick, Snare, Hi-Hat, Cymbol, etc)
    2) Match the BPM of your DAW firmly and follow a click track if live-drumming or else use MIDI which will follow the set BPM.

Then later, you can do anything you want in terms of re-forming the drum parts.

Edited 2 times, last by db9091 ().

You can do it manually in most DAWs with a bit of creativity. Create a few sends from your source track, EQ/process each send differently so it's only picking up the kick, or snare, or toms, and then use the audio from that to trigger a MIDI note.

Ez drummer 2 hast a function that can let you tap the rhythm and it looks ups a similar soungin beat in the library ... the con is, the more midi packs you buy the better it finds good beats

• DP does it too AFAIK, db.

You can extract pitch from audio and bung it into MIDI tracks too.