Kemper next to a real Two Rock Studio Pro 35

• Hi, I just tried Kemper with a pair of Klein+Hummel 0300D with TAF´s Two Rock Profiles of the 35 and also the Classic Reverb.

Playing the Kemper on it´s own it sounds like a recording of the real amps and by far the best clean sounds I can find in the Kemper, but when I switch to the real amp it´s clear that it´s a much more enjoyable experience to play the real thing. More dynamics, 3D feel and that Two Tone Gunk/Tube sound from the real thing.

I can see that in a mix the Kemper could be an easy solution, but for the best playable experience the real thing feels much better to play. :)

Dammit - I really would have liked the Kemper to come out on top of this matchup - but no matter how I flip it - The real amp wins

:);):P^^:D

• Unless you're running a direct profile through a traditional speaker cab, you're going to get two distinctly different results. That's Kemper 101 right there.

This. Make the listening environment the same and Kemper and amp will be indistinguishable.

• Ok thanks, I have not had the chance to try a direct profile with a real cab. So I guess for the best playing experience, I should not get a full range speaker, but use a guitar cab that matches the one on the Two Rock. Can´t imagine that it will increase the dynamic response though :);):P:D^^

• Ok thanks, I have not had the chance to try a direct profile with a real cab. So I guess for the best playing experience, I should not get a full range speaker, but use a guitar cab that matches the one on the Two Rock. Can´t imagine that it will increase the dynamic response though :);):P:D^^

Yeah, for that you would make a profile of your own amp with the settings at which you played it

You won't like the Kemper no matter how you run it, your mind is already made up on that one. No big deal, but it's kinda interesting that you would go through the troutle of registering here just to point out that you're not into it.

• Did you play Kemper Amplifier through real guitar cab ?
    I mean loud ,very loud :D
    Please let us know
    ps
    (you will be surprised who about KPA 3D .... btw )

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• As the other posters have pointed out, you're comparing the amp in the room to the amp through a mic, mixing desk, outboard and EQ. Andy from TAF is known for using compressors and blends of different mics for adding colour, as you would in a recording situation, which would explain the dynamics differences, too.

• Yeah, apples and oranges... or more like crumpets and watermelons.

Mate, it's like putting your ear up against a guitar cab, taking that sound and processing it through a mic preamp, compressor, EQ, mixer and whatnot, pumping the resulting Profile (which would accurately represent this scenario, of course) through a completely-different speaker / set of speakers and finally standing back a few feet and listening to the result.

Gonna sound anything like the original cab in the room? Not on this planet.