"Pedal Board" Mode for KPA Remote

• Maybe this has already been requested. I like to have "tones on tap" without the need to setup multiple rigs and performances. With a traditional pedal board using a delay pedal such as an H9 or TimeLine with presets you are able to keep all your rig settings the same and only change the delay setting for example.

It would be great if while in a rig we could cycle through delay or reverb settings. This would significantly simplify things for me. Seems like the profiler/modeler methodology of late has been to create rigs that have a very specific purpose. In order to change it significantly you have to create another rig or patch. The trouble is, if I want to leave my two OD pedals ON and only change my delay type, I might have to create a separate rig to do this and when I switch to that separate rig the default setting of my ODs may be OFF.

The reason this would be very useful to me is my setlist each week is unknown, many times I don't know what song I'm going to play until it's in front of me in a live setting. So to be able to have a pallet of settings available to me to be able to mix and match on the fly would be incredible. The only way to do this right now for me is to have separate delay / reverb pedals, which I would prefer not to have really. Especially since the Kemper is not a floorboard unit, to run instrument cables back and forth from my pedal board to my Kemper head is really not ideal.

Does this make sense? Has this been requested? Is there already a way to do what I'm asking?

• In a way, yes.

The features are there, you just approach them in a different way with the kemper. You use delay as an example, and you can have multiple delay settings for each rig. Switching between them can be done either using the dedicated effects switches or, slightly more sophisticatedly with the morphing feature.

I often find myself in the same situation as you, not knowing which tune is coming up next. I set up a performance with 5 rigs going from cleanest to filthiest, each with various effects settings I know I'm likely to need. That gets me through pretty much every night. The only thing I use differently is a separate performance loaded with "song specific" rigs which are only really used for one song (talkbox for Bon Jovi, harmonies for Lizzy etc).

You can turn any of the effects on or off from the remote already, and if you want a different setting entirely then set up another rig (in the same way you would set up another preset in the H9 or timeline)

You say you don't want different rigs and performances, and yet you want different tones available to you. It's a simple fact that the more tones you want at your feet, the more setting up you have to do. It's the same for anything (including the timeline and the h9).

There's nothing stopping you from setting up five identical rigs in a performance and just varying the effects in each of them but to me, that misses the greatest thing about the kemper. Pick out the very best amp and cab for each individual tone!

• I think you misinterpreted the feature request :)

I had suggested something like this in a thread where a user had voiced similar requirements, i.e. if I hit a stomp in one rig, when I switch to another rig, I want that stomp to be active.

While the logical way in the Kemper workflow would be to just jump to another rig with the required stomp on and all parameters said, this - as you mentioned - requires planning. No one is going to be waiting for you to screw around with the Kemper at a jam session, they'll just expect you to be be able to coax whatever sounds you want in a similar fashion to someone who was using a pedal board.

In that regard, this is more FX oriented than tone oriented. Sometimes you want to be able to have a stomp "migrate" from one rig to another. You should also have the option to have this behaviour within a performance, or globally.

• I could see that used in performance mode. Something like a stomp/effect lock mode initiated by the remote or midi cc. So if you turned on the lock stomp/effect mode for a performances, then any stomp/effect you activate would be locked on for all performances until you clicked it off.

Could be very useful.

• @nightlight and @drog you guys are more onto what I'm thinking. Many times I use the OD stomps for dirt, I'm limited to only one verb and a few delays in one rig, so I would need to have a bigger verb and other delay options in other rigs, but when I switch those stomps turn back off. I think there can many ways to do this. It could be cool to stay in the same rig and click a button to be able to cycle through delay or verb presets. That would be cool.

• Supposedly, Kemper was working on Aliases, or so they told me in a post a year ago or so. In other words, you can have numerous aliases of a single profile, if I understand it this way. So, for example, suppose you have a particular amp block tweaked a certain way, you currently need to copy and save that sound to numerous places in order to use that basic sound with various combinations of delays, mods, reverbs, etc. However, if you decide it needs a little tweak, say to kick up the mids a little bit, you'd have to go to all the rigs that use that basic sound and either edit them individually or edit the original and do the copy, rig change, amp block, paste, copy, exit, save-save-save-dance in dozens of locations. ( I currently have 12 banks in performance mode of song-specific rigs, even though there's only four basic sounds that these are based on) With aliases, you could choose an alias of the original for the amp block and then once you change and save the original, all the aliases would follow suit. I think that's how it would work. At the moment you can only lock the amp block. What would be cool is if you could do aliases like I described above or lock the amp block for just one of the five slots in performance mode. Then you could have a different profile locked in each slot and have banks of your various combinations of other effects

• I like this idea, I could use it myself. Currently I do this with the morphing feature. I have one performance set up with Intro, verse, chorus, bridge and solo slots. I have morphing to switch between the two reverbs (basically short/long) in each slot. Since the short and long reverb for a typical intro I would do is different than the short long reverb for a chorus, it gives me lots of options. I know that doesn't really do exactly what you want, but by having a typical song setup in one performance, I can get through 90% of what I do on a regular basis. For very specific songs, I set them up as an individual performance.