News from NAMM

• Anything from Kemper about periphery like floorboards, footswitches, cases for usage on stage?
    Editors or upcoming firmwareupdates?
    It would be great, if I could manage my profiles in folders or kind of submenues.

• There's no competition to the Kemper at NAMM.
    The BUZZ was in the last 10 months, then the Kemper proved itself to be a one of a kind, no more need for BUZZ.

All the new products being shown at NAMM by the competitors in the "digital modelling" world are years behind the Kemper technology.
    So, no need for Kemper to urgently post videos at NAMM trying to outdo and out hype the competition...it was game, set, match to Kemper before the show even started.

Now that it's over the Kemper crew will fly home and the new Kemper videos will start appearing.

Good news for us, NAMM is over...let's get back to business. :)

Have a safe trip home. :thumbup:

• I disagree. I think every manufacturer wants to make a splash at NAMM. Here is the states NAMM is IT for showcasing your goods. Right in the US Kemper has one store, Sweetwater that is full fledged dealer and I believe Full Compass and Nova are kind of special order status. I attribute that to Kemper realizing once it is released in the US there product should sell really well and that can stress supply chains, manufacturing, R&D, etc... That coupled with the fact that the OS is still technically beta could be a reason that were not going hog wild @ NAMM.

I'm hoping when they return we see them participate a little more in this forum and we start to get some real definitive answers on the following:

When is the OS considered fully RTM?

Is it true a dedicated floorboard is in the works for sometime this year?

What is the deal with the power amp -- are you expecting to release a KPA II to be able to incorporate a power amp designed for the unit, or is it true the original design is going to be capable of retrofitting a dedicated power amp?

Will I be able to get Black immediately? Or is this special order, coming later on, etc...?

I would ask my Sweetwater rep these questions but he knows less about the KPA than I do -- apart from wanting them to come in asap so he can claim his commission on my $1850US.

It's funny... for all of the VS stuff the two worlds or Kemper and "the other guys" are very similar. Same types of struggles, sames types of demands from end users/prospective purchasers, etc... With the other guys, people overseas were clamouring to get their hands on the gear, now the shoe is on the other foot lol.

I expect we will see a LOT of info coming soon on the KPA, more YouTube video's, professionaly done video's and profile packs, more literature, updated website and facebook status... at least I hope so.

• All the USA dealers visited the Kemper booth at NAMM...job done, that's why Kemper were there.
    I'm not quite sure why we need to see video proof of what went down at NAMM.

I'd imagine the Sweetwater order is being shipped by sea freight, that takes about 6 weeks...I don't see the problem, when the ship arrives the Kempers will be in the USA.

When Kemper make the announcement that the poweramp is finished then they'll tell us.
    When they tell us the software is no more beta, then we'll know the OS is fully RTM.
    I'm sure when they have a prototype of the floorboard we'll be the first to know.

Big difference between the "other guys" and Kemper.
    The other guys didn't send their product to Europe because they were getting much more money for it in the USA.
    Sending it to Europe involved a European distributor, who pay the wholesale price, = less money for the USA manufacturer.
    Only after the Kemper sound clips/videos appeared on the internet did the "other" modeller suddenly start flooding into Europe.
    Kemper doesn't have a USA distributor, any store in the USA can buy direct from Kemper.
    Once production gets into full swing the USA will be Kemperized. :D

• So what if I buy the original Kemper and then later on they will tell me that the power amp will only work with the Kemper II? Surely you would want some official information regarding this topic before jumping in on a purchase of the original Kemper, no?

Do you think there is a connection with the Kemper OS not being considered RTM and with delays getting the Kemper to stores in the US?

I could see some people having some concerns dropping large coin on a system that is not completely RTM as of yet.

"I'm not quite sure why we need to see video proof of what went down at NAMM" -- we don't NEED to see video proof, but I think it's silly to argue that creating some good NAMM videos and releasing them on their website, YouTube, etc... DOESN'T help generate more buzz and enthusiasm to a wider audience of people interested in the new products coming out for digital guitar processing. Last night I watched vids of a new Two Rock EKO that I would have never even known about if it wasn't for buzz about their excellent NAMM 2012 presentations. Hell, I didn't see any news about the new Marshall 1 watt series amps either, or the new Vox AC4HW1.

You have to admit, it's been strangely quiet on the Kemper front.

In reality there is not that much info out about the Kemper overall. There are a lot of user reviews, some good information on this site (but still a pretty low user count)... the more info the better. I don't see how that can be argued.

Just to be clear, I want the product and I want the company to exceed. Every company and every product can be improved in some form or fashion.

• The Kemper got to the Europe stores because Germany is in Europe. :D
    The USA is 6 to 8 weeks away by sea freight/customs clearance/local delivery from Europe...thus the delay.

The "company" has already succeeded, it invented and produces the Access Virus Synth...there's an existing USA dealer network that goes back 15 years.

Perhaps they want to make the NAMM and new studio videos really Professional, not quick put together recorded on a cam mic type of stuff, edited at night in the hotel room.
    Whenever a cam mic video is released on Youtube everyone says they can't hear the tone properly because it's a cam mic.