Connecting Kemper to tube amp

• I realize I am resurrecting an old thread, but for clean amps like the AC15, shouldn't it work fine with the Kemper? Sure you are getting some color from the AC15, but running the AC15 shouldn't shape the tone THAT much right? Of course, not as open as FRFR, but could get you in the ballpark. Just thinking out loud.

• I would imagine an AC15 would give up the ghost on the cleans pretty quickly at any significant volume level. I wonder if you tried a AC30 or even higher in order to raise the clean ceiling so that it won't colour the sound too much then might that work better? Imagine how the Kemper would sound through, say, a Roland JC120. Now that's a clean amp that might not add any colour but would be super loud at any setting.

• I would imagine an AC15 would give up the ghost on the cleans pretty quickly at any significant volume level. I wonder if you tried a AC30 or even higher in order to raise the clean ceiling so that it won't colour the sound too much then might that work better? Imagine how the Kemper would sound through, say, a Roland JC120. Now that's a clean amp that might not add any colour but would be super loud at any setting.

Definitely the AC15 has limited headroom and can break up at louder volumes. But what's nice about the AC15 is that fact that you have a channel volume knob and a master volume knob. So changing the ratio of these can get you varying degrees of clean vs breakup.

For examples:

1.) Lower channel volume but higher master volume = not much break up

2.) higher channel volume but lower master volume = more break up

You can sweep these to get the same volume but different amounts of break up. So couldn't we trial and error to find something that is clean through AC15 and will work with clean AND dirty profiles in the Kemper?

I might have some time this weekend to experiment, even though technically I "wouldn't be using the Kemper RIGHT"... lol I know I know. Just wanting to try new stuff.

Obviously not the same as FRFR, but just thinking out loud and I feel like the forums could use with a new topic to discuss.

• Yesterday I did experiment plugging the monitor out of the kemper into the front of my Twin Reverb, worked pretty well.

I tried with CAB off with various clean profiles (Fender, Dumble) and more gainy profiles (Marshall). I liked the clean most, not so much the Marshall profiles.

I also tried with the STACK section off, just for fx. Quite handy to have all the Kemper fx at disposal. I could get a very nice spring reverb from the Kemper, really close to the original reverb of the twin.

• I tried an ac15...even moded it with a loop.

Into the front was terrible.

Into the return....doable...but nowhere near enough headroom....broke up by just looking at it.

I wanted it to work cause of the esthetics....it didnt.

I can recommend playing kpa through return of a decent combo though..my best result so far...30w and up