Tap Tempo not working correctly

• Hi,

I used to play in browse-mode and never had issues with the tempo i tapped for a song. But recently I went over to use the performance-mode with one performance for each song.. with tempo set correctly.
    Last gig we did a spontaneous song.. for this case i have an "default" perfomance with my basic sounds. The song was 160bpm and i tapped it a few times. While playing i thougth, i messed up something with 3/16 delays and 4/16 delays settings.
    After the song i checked the kemper: All delay-times set correctly but the performance-tempo said 145 bpm. My first thought: oh shit, tapped way out of tempo :-).

But then i tried it again: tapping constantly in 160bpm and watching the performance tempo: Sometimes its around 160 (+-3 bpm which really wouldn´t matter in live situation). But many times it jumped to something at 140 ... or sometimes to something close to 180. one time even at 200-something.

tried this at the button on the remote AND the button on the kemper - and i tried it at two kempers: at that one at the venue and at my own at home. Same behaviour everywhere.
    both on 5.0.3 release.

In browse-mode this works very well... but in performance mode it feels like the kemper is so busy, that it doesn´t handle the taps correctly.
    It sometimes is way of tempo when just tapping 2 times.

anyone observed something similar?

Martin

• Made a quick Video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Doesn´t matter if i tap 2, 3, 4 times or constantly... there are way too many wrong tempos.
    It is just luck if it is right, when you stop tapping.

Martin

• I faced this issue yesterday when trying to dial presets for my old cover band which we are playing again after few years. I need one preset which has really hard, like shutter type tremolo with max depth running on 16th notes. I noticed that it is almost impossible to get the tempo right. After some tries I can get it right, but I don't have time for that during the show. Also, if I don't get the tempo right, that hard tremolo will sound horrible :(

I never had that issue when I was using similar sound with Line 6 M13 some years ago.