Anyone using Direct amp profiles with real cab and micing live?

• Wondering if anyone here uses their Kemper as just a storage unit basically of amp heads, running direct amp profiles through their real cab and micing it live like a real amp? I think this is becoming more common than I originally thought it seems. Might be a great idea for some that still love micing up a real amp live at times for whatever reason. Anyone doing this?

Edited once, last by VESmedic ().

• That's not at all true for what it's worth... I know many pros personally from the biggest players here in Nashville playing arena tours, to some of the biggest metal bands, and not one who use the Kemper do this: not saying no one does, but hardly the majority...

• Why confrontational? Did I ask what pros are doing this? I said who here is doing this? If you have any evidence to contradict what i said by all means I'd love to see it, but everything I've seen personally is contrary to what you have said.

• That's not at all true for what it's worth... I know many pros personally from the biggest players here in Nashville playing arena tours, to some of the biggest metal bands, and not one who use the Kemper do this: not saying no one does, but hardly the majority...

Yeah, I got to agree. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the KPA, and it's ability to send a Studio profile out to the Mixer and Front of House, while sending just the Direct Amp profile to a personal / stage guitar cabinet. Part of the beauty of the KPA is to completely eliminate the mic'ing of a cab.

Nevertheless, there must be some masochists out there who use a KPA, but still insist on mic'ing their guitar cab. :P:D

I kid, I kid.

Kind of, sort of.