• Yes, it's psychological, laddie! I have seen some of my profiles magically transform from glorious into bad and then back to beautiful without me editing them, same guitar and all...
    It's the old guitarist's curse. Usually your playing reflects your mood as well.
    Welcome btw!

Yes."Psychology".Actually the only reason I dont "trust my ears" anymore..

In the good ol´times of tube amps me and guess most other players blamed it on the tubes or whatever.But as older you get as more and more it becomes clear that it is you.Just you and your mood.It is disgusting and for a long time I did want not to believe it but this is the only truth.And one of the reasons I learned to trust sound engineers who are cold as ice piece of shits..half human,half frequency analyzing machines with no "mood" or anything that could remind you of a sensible,whining musician.. :D

@Gizmo

Leave the drummer alone.Blame the bass player.At least these guys deserve it. :/

• Or the keyboards player, or your lady, or the politicians, or your local team, band, brooding neighbours.... Some nasty gremlins fidgetting with your amp, or it's the hangover, or tired ears, or most probably our insecurity that makes us wish for the tone and chops of other guys, and often they feel the same about us (not me, perhaps, cause I am no virtuoso). The Kemper is great and many rigs are superb, but human nature ain't perfect. Cheer up and enjoy.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• >Howd you guys get past it?<

By buying a new pair of matched 6L6 output tubes for the Kemper.

Nah. By the certain knowledge that it's internal and nothing to do with external reality.

Edited once, last by bagginz ().

• Welcome.

Bad tone days can come from a cold, bad mood, old guitar strings ...

Just have a break and try it the other day :)

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de