Global setting preset change between instruments

• It would be great to have a quick change preset, so you could change multiple global parameters between instruments. Just a couple of presets you could make it much easier going from a strat to a Les Paul. My main reason is to switch between gigs when I use the kemper for bass and then off to use it for guitar. Not sure if many others feel this would be necessary but it would save me time and fiddling between gigs!

• Aea - I was just going to suggest this today and then I found your thread, so I'm going to add to this a bit and hopefully you like these thoughts as well.

Kemper folks! For the time I've had my Kemper, I've only played one guitar through it. I adjusted Input and Output parameters as needed for this guitar, and I've also adjusted individual profile parameters to suit my guitar and then overwritten the original profile with the new settings so that everything works well with the pickups and guitar config.

Into my home comes a new guitar, and of course - everything sounds different when played through it. So I had the thought that it would be great if not only all of the Kemper's global settings were based on the guitar, but individual profile settings as well.

The way I envision this working would be to treat each guitar used on the Kemper as a different user, sort of like logging into a computer as and having your desktop the way you left it while your wife can login under a different user and have her own desktop arrangement present.

So a user would be Gibson LP, Fender Strat, ESP Horizon, PRS, etc... Then when logged in as that "user" or in our case - guitar type, all the global settings would be as you set them for that particular guitar AND any profiles you save while using say "Gibson LP" would be saved, associated with, and only accessible when you had your guitar type/user set to Gibson LP. So there could be a Default guitar identity that retains all factory settings, and then user added identities which correspond to each guitar a player uses with the Kemper. All this probably poses some big programming complexities on the back end that I am definitely not aware of. Limiting things to globals settings only would definitely simplify things.

• Chances are I did not fully understand your needs. But here is what I do to work around:

For each guitar I will have an input preset. This makes the gain and distortion level roughly the same for all my guitars. Any of the rigs will be playable as expected and fully reflect the different sound of that particular guitar. Thats already great. No need to fiddle with the all so important gain knob when chaning guitars.

Then I have some signature sounds, say Hendrix-like. I want all my guitars to sound more or less hendrix-style. For those I have stored special profiles - say with EQ in stomp 1 - and the first two charachters reflect the guitar. So I browse over to that (in alphabetical order) and all special rigs for this particular guitar will show up.

That works for me. Mostly I just want to sound every guitar as it is, unique.

This works nicely for studio work. Might well not be the best solution for a live situation, when one guitar breaks and you have to replace it by a different model....

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Hello you all,

I am a new KPA user working with diverent guitar. Strats, LP, Charvels you name it.
    I would be helpfull if you can store the diverend setup parameters under a some kind of username.

• I like the idea, but I'm thinking the working difficulty would be tricky. Perhaps if you could also have a as part of your guitar preset the input section and the global eq in the output section? beyond that I don't know what else you'd need to adjust between guitars, as the global output EQ could handle the subtle differences and the input clean sens and dist sens would handle the gain level and the clean to gain volume balance. Well, that and perhaps the gain or level of one of the stomps. Beyond that, it would be helpful to have some sort of way of selecting different guitar presets on the Remote, such as by holding the "1" switch down for a few seconds for one preset and the "2" down for another and so on.

One thing they were supposedly working on rolling out at some point was aliases. I'm not sure exactly how it would be laid out, but my understanding is like this: You'd have a Amp block, or effect block saved. Instead of copying that same sound to another rig (in order to use it with other combinations of effects) you'd place an Alias of it in that rig where you want it copied. Now whatever changes you make to the original will be replicated in the Aliases. Therefore, if you had the same delay tweaked just so in one particular rig and you decided to change the mix, all you would have to do is edit the original delay and then all the rigs that have that delay aliased would have the delay mix changed the same way, rather than having to either copy paste save or edit and save multiple profiles. If they do, this could help you. You could make a couple copies of all your rigs or performances have aliases for everything you want to be the same between the first set and second set. Then you could edit the one set to be optimized for the one guitar and the other for the other guitar. While this would leave you with double the rigs to scroll through, if you wanted to edit your delays reverbs or whatever else in the one set, the other set would change with it because it is using aliases of the delays reverbs or whatever from the first set.