Which Profiles (free and paid) do you recommend?

• Hello,

i own my Kemper since three months, so im still searching for good Profiles.

Are there any really good Profiles you would recommend? Especially Profiles which i can use with my 2x12.
    Also can you name me some good "brands" were i can buy good Profiles?

Clean/Distorted doesn't matter.

Thanks for all advice's.

Have a nice day :)

• Welcome! :)

Everybody's tastes are different - often VERY different. Your best bet is to try out the rig packs from kemper's own website, and see which "authors" match your tastes best. This is for commercial sellers, of course, but you will get better results from your question if you can say something like "I like profile XX, but I think the high end is too shrill" etc.

Never buy before you test the free samples - they will tell you much :)

• Check Rig Exchange for user "George Aylaon" - outstanding profiles for Plexi type of sound and especially "BE100 boost" is a gem for me. Also recommended are profiles by user "HAYS" (AC15...). Great Mesa Boogie profiles by "djemass". All for free on Rig Exchange.

• Hi,

as it is mostly a question of personal taste, I also recommend to start with the free packs and the factory rigs. The following rigs are for free in the RE and are in my opinion quite outstanding.

1. MORGAN AC20 RMPACHECO
    2. FENDER BASSMAN 59 JOHNNY NAVARRO
    3. FENDER TINY FEET TAF
    4. MANROCK 800 TAF
    5. RIVERA THIRTY TWELVE HAYS
    6. EVH 5153 CLEAN AIR OLA ENGLUND
    7. FENDER VIBROKING CHADRIDES
    8. TWEN COMBO CLEAN BR. M. PAUSIO
    9. THE CHIEF DIRTY KEMPER AMPS
    10. AC15 HAYS (SOME OF THE SERIES)

The numbering is just for convenience and is no indication of quality. As there are mostly clean rigs I should explain that I like to drive clean amps with stomps. Some times it sounds better than the amps own overdrive. And it's a good starting point to begin with. You may add turned up gain to your liking. Cool thing that is.

Greetings
    Joachim

• try also the Bogner New Yorker in the Rig Exchange. And there are free rigs from TAF, Britt, Bert, Choptones etc in the download section of the Kemper website. Also in some vendors' websites. Mind you, some vendors do studio profiles mostly and perhaps you prefer direct or merged.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Yes, the numbering seems for convenience because AC15 by HAYS @crhfish is great profile and deserves to be close to top IMO.

• I'm on the same pathway with direct profiles. I've got a Yamaha DXR10 FRFR but I prefer running old school guitar cabs, so I have two THD 2x12's that I drive with a Carvin 1540l.

So far the best true amp-like direct profiles that I have found are;

Tim Owens HAWP Friedman profiles. The Dirty Shirley profiles in particular are really great into a cab.

FD Profiles SLO100. This is a commercial pack, but the direct profiles here are amazing if you are after that kind of tone. This is what I have at the moment for my main tones - 5 slots in a performance patch from clean to mean. See http://www.fdprofiles.com/

The EVH 5150 III profiles from Fakrop on RE are also great, there's a set of 5 that go from clean to saturated lead which are great for a base set of similar sounding tones. Very close in quality and feel to the SLO100 profiles I mention above.

Try out my own Marshall 1794X 18W Clone DI profiles. Search on RE for 1974X and you'll find 4 profiles, 2 clean and 2 through the TMB plexi channel.

Thanks to the other posts above - some more for me to try out :)

Edited once, last by burger ().

• I have bought commercial profiles but for this one I'm going to recommend these free ones that are just as good if not better than commercial profiles: Thumas profiles. The nice thing about them is that they're also merged which means they will work really well with real guitar cabinets. Take a few minutes with the amp parameters to match match the definition to your guitar then EQ slightly to your taste and you'll be in high gain bliss .

The Soldano is HR2 is better than any soldano including commercial profiles and so is the Power ball even though I'm not a fan of that amp, but the Power Ball included in this package is top notch profile.

Thanks to @Thumas for taking the time and making a huge Merged Profiles package for FREE

https://www.kemper-amps.com/fo…umas-Merged-3-0-Profiles/

• We offer a DIrect pack which bundles all our DAP (Direct Amp Profiles) across our range into one pack - intended for use with real cabinets.... You can order it through our website and save £££ if you like us on Facebook and follow a couple simple steps!

We're also running an 'Advent Calendar' promotion currently dishing out free profiles daily! Again - like us on Facebook or comment on our Kemper Forum Thread(s) ;)

Best,

-GOT-

• Agree the Thumas profiles are very good, but I do recommend the FDProfiles SLO100 pack, it is one of the better set of direct profiles out there. As good as the Thumas but with a wide range of gain profiles.

Also I found these 5150 III Merged profiles - currently are my main tones now - awesome amp sounds.
    http://soulitude-web.com/archi…0Profiles%203.0Merged.zip

From the free Jevo packs http://www.elrenorenardo.com/jevo/

• There are too many good profiles but If had to choose a top 2, it would be from Guido:

For all around High gain and even clean, the Bognar XTC has always been my top package.
    For clean to mid also Guido's Divided by 13 Maze is simply stunning. Those two packages, in my humble opinion should be a must in every profiler, of course it's a matter of taste, but I can't imagine how a guitar player wouldn't be in tonal bliss in either of these packages. Considering the extremely fair price Guido Charges, nothing have come close in my opinion in regard to value, quality, clarity and low signal to noise ratio, that makes me really appreciate his profiles at a different level.

Edited once, last by Dean_R ().

• I absolutely second that, Dean. Great call on the Thumas merged profiles. I also happen to use a few of Thumas' cabinets in my top 10 go-to profiles. I particularly recommend his Soldano Hotrod 100+. Killer profiles.

• There are too many good profiles but If had to choose a top 2, it would be from Guido:

For all around High gain and even clean, the Bognar XTC has always been my top package.
    For clean to mid also Guido's Divided by 13 Maze is simply stunning. Those two packages, in my humble opinion should be a must in every profiler, of course it's a matter of taste, but I can't imagine how a guitar player wouldn't be in tonal bliss in either of these packages. Considering the extremely fair price Guido Charges, nothing have come close in my opinion in regard to value, quality, clarity and low signal to noise ratio, that makes me really appreciate his profiles at a different level.

Sounds interesting, I will check these out. Are they Studio profiles only??

• Sounds interesting, I will check these out. Are they Studio profiles only?

Yes they're studio profiles, unfortunately, they're not merged. But Guido has a very large fan base as he only charges roughly less than 5 dollars per pack, His packs though don't have too many profiles, between 6 and 12 profiles at most (few packaged have close to twenty) ,as he believes in quality and not quantity. From a technical point of view, that's not necessarily personal, the level of clarity in his profiles is unmatched and they're definitely far from being sterile as sometime can be associated with pristine sounds.